I realized the other day I don't know many songs. Yeah, if you know the chords and beat you can fake it, but how many tunes do you know from start to finish, note for note? What are those songs? I know 6. Impressive, huh?

Spill....what do you know?
I know like 10-15 from my old guitar lessons, but those songs weren't like songs songs. Just notation out of a guitar book because my guitar teacher was lazy. Songs I can play lead and rhythm guitar to is around like 6. All in drop C because that's probably my favorite tuning and the one I like to write in.
Every ramones song, so like 1 and a half maybe, if that.
Heavy metal rules, all that punk shit sucks. It doesn’t belong in this world; it belongs on fuckin’ Mars, man! What the hell is punk shit?
Parts I find interesting from a whole bunch of songs, and a few whole ones on top. Never bother memorising solos really. Got my own stuff too. Don't know if I can really put a number on it.
The quest for your perfect gear is like being under the surface of a huge, overpowering lake. When you've nearly swam to the light on the surface it shoots far out of your sight again. Still, I'll enjoy the swim. What'd I do if I reached the top?
Nowadays? Maybe 6-10 if we include stuff like Seven Angels. Otherwise its those cheesy solo jazz adaptations ppl do but they're fun to play
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Dec 20, 2015,
Quote by ehbacon
between 30-40. I do not have the time to list them all so I will not

Braggart!!
Daewon Song
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I can fake a good number of songs, at least enough to entertain a crowd for a good 5 hours. Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, the Chili Peppers, Pink Floyd, I can fake these songs pretty well. I only know about a dozen songs from my Real Book though
I've learned a lot of songs over the years, but I forget them really easily. If you asked me right now to play you all of the songs I know, I could probably only play one or two all the way through from memory.
I play drums, so just faking goes about 100x farther for me.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
A list of my repertoire of tunes I play...

Baker Street
Welcome to the Jungle
It's So Easy
Nightrain
Out Ta Get Me
Mr. Brownstone
Paradise City
My Michelle
Think About You
Sweet Child O' Mine
You're Crazy
Rocket Queen
Mama Kin
Patience
Used To Love Her
Right Next Door to Hell
Live And Let Die
Don't Cry
Perfect Crime
Bad Obsession
Double Talkin' Jive
November Rain
Don't Damn Me
Bad Apples
Dead Horse
Civil War
14 Years
Yesterdays
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Pretty Tied Up
Locomotive
So Fine
Estranged
You Could Be Mine
New Rose
Down on the Farm
Human Being
Ain't It Fun
Buick MacKane (Big Dumb Sex)
Hair of the Dog
Black Leather
Neither Can I
Mean Bone
Back From Cali
By The Sword
Hey Joe
All Along The Watchtower
Purple Haze
Voodoo Child
Burning of the Midnight Lamp
Fire
Freedom
Red House
Only Women Bleed
Stairway to Heaven
Sunshine of your Love
Layla
Carry on Wayward Son
American Woman
Feel Like Makin Love
If There's Any Justice in the World
One
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Smells Like A Teen Spirit
Drain You
Lapdance
Chop Suey!
Toxicity
Between Angels and Insects
Killing in the Name
Shot Through the Heart
Saved by the Bell Theme
Smoke Weed Everyday
Who Do You Think You Are
Spice Up Your Life
Too Much
Viva Forever
Believe In Me
Europa
Samba Pa Ti
Trouble
F*/Forget You
These Boots are Made For Walkin'
Ghostriders in the Sky
Cure Me or Kill Me
This instrumental version of Eye of the Tiger with a nice lead guitar flow
This 1986 heavy on the intro version of Sweet Child O' Mine (I play that a lot)
Ready To Go

... off the top of my head
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Dec 20, 2015,
Quote by arcanom
^cant even play wonderwall..

I've played along to it...
But to say I know the chords right now, I don't... But I think it has a G in it... IDK...

But....................

G's in there, half of Oasis scare me off with a Capo

I have however left 1 Oasis song off; She's Electric
I know how to play that one.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
I've learned hundreds probabally, but I forgot most of those damn songs. I could do like 6 or 7 from memory
Originally posted by Joshua Garcia
I just come here to dick around.
And maybe occasionally wave my dick around.

My D is major
I practise along to a setlist of sorts, I mix it up, of course and play other songs too, but right now, my staples include

Stairway to Heaven
Sweet Child O' Mine 1986 Version
November Rain
Nightrain
and my most recent song I've learned; Shot Through the Heart... that one too.
Quote by laid-to-waste
Last edited by treborillusion at Dec 20, 2015,
Quote by laid-to-waste
I feel like the more and more I play, the less interested I am in learning other people's songs and just doing my own thing. Still do occasionally though. Hard to say how many songs I actually know how to play, but the number of songs I know how to play all the way through isn't too many. I know like a million bits and pieces though.
Quote by TobusRex
I realized the other day I don't know many songs. Yeah, if you know the chords and beat you can fake it, but how many tunes do you know from start to finish, note for note? What are those songs? I know 6. Impressive, huh?

Spill....what do you know?

I know the entire catalog of the first 7 Iron Maiden albums.
Which includes all the B-sides from that era, as well as other rarities.
There's also a few tunes from after the Seventh Son album until the Classic lineup reunion.
I'm currently learning the post reunion material between Brave New World and Book Of Souls.

If you haven't already guessed, I'm in an Iron Maiden tribute band.

Another batch of songs I'm becoming reacquainted with is the first 4 Ozzy albums.
This is in preparation for an upcoming Ozzy tribute band being formed by me and the other guitarist from the Iron Maiden tribute band. I'd include the Zakk Wylde era stuff but the other guitarist can't stand Zakk Wylde, so...that won't be included in the setlist.

All this is in addition to about...oh...hundreds of songs from the 1950's-2010's that I've played in various cover bands over the years.

There's also the originals that I and other's have written together as well.

I wish I had a more accurate count of everything but I think you get the idea.

Whew...I feel like I just gave birth...to both an accountant and a music industry lawyer!

Any questions?
Last edited by davidyanity at Dec 21, 2015,
Quote by treborillusion

Baker Street

I'm way down to clown with this song, but why is it the first one on your list?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I never really learned songs start to finish unless I was in a band, because I don't really have any interest in playing for an audience solo.

The kind of songs I probably could do start to finish on my own tend to be heavily chord based, like 50's/60's rock n roll/rhythm & blues/Merseybeat stuff.
Probably about 30,

I can noodle along with another truckload though
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
There's probably 3 or 4 I could play right now if I was asked, it used to be a dozen or so but I haven't played properly in ages.
I can play American Idiot pretty good.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
Quote by snipelfritz
I'm way down to clown with this song, but why is it the first one on your list?

Because it's a song that I sat down to learn summer of 2014, like the guitar parts (and not playing that saxophone riff on guitar)... Then earlier in the day yesterday (if not the day before), I had to re-learn it real quick because I hadn't played it since, and wanted to not forget it, so that's why I was playing it; and it was fresh in my mind when I was writing that list.

I didn't really have any real order to my list and probably left out a bunch of songs too.
Quote by laid-to-waste
Quote by treborillusion

Baker Street
Welcome to the Jungle
It's So Easy
Nightrain
Out Ta Get Me
Mr. Brownstone
Paradise City
My Michelle
Think About You
Sweet Child O' Mine
You're Crazy
Rocket Queen
Mama Kin
Patience
Used To Love Her
Right Next Door to Hell
Live And Let Die
Don't Cry
Perfect Crime
Bad Obsession
Double Talkin' Jive
November Rain
Don't Damn Me
Bad Apples
Dead Horse
Civil War
14 Years
Yesterdays
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Pretty Tied Up
Locomotive
So Fine
Estranged
You Could Be Mine
New Rose
Down on the Farm
Human Being
Ain't It Fun
Buick MacKane (Big Dumb Sex)
Hair of the Dog
Black Leather
Neither Can I
Mean Bone
Back From Cali
By The Sword
Hey Joe
All Along The Watchtower
Purple Haze
Voodoo Child
Burning of the Midnight Lamp
Fire
Freedom
Red House
Only Women Bleed
Stairway to Heaven
Sunshine of your Love
Layla
Carry on Wayward Son
American Woman
Feel Like Makin Love
If There's Any Justice in the World
One
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Smells Like A Teen Spirit
Drain You
Lapdance
Chop Suey!
Toxicity
Between Angels and Insects
Killing in the Name
Shot Through the Heart
Saved by the Bell Theme
Smoke Weed Everyday
Who Do You Think You Are
Spice Up Your Life
Too Much
Viva Forever
Believe In Me
Europa
Samba Pa Ti
Trouble
F*/Forget You
These Boots are Made For Walkin'
Ghostriders in the Sky
Cure Me or Kill Me
This instrumental version of Eye of the Tiger with a nice lead guitar flow
This 1986 heavy on the intro version of Sweet Child O' Mine (I play that a lot)
Ready To Go

... off the top of my head

What are you talking about? This is a thread about Asian people named Song.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by nanna_guy414
I can play American Idiot pretty good.

I'm most of the way there on that one!

@ the Iron Maiden guy.....The Trooper!
Quote by TobusRex
I'm most of the way there on that one!

@ the Iron Maiden guy.....The Trooper!

Its a tricky one, keep on it.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj