The title says it all, what's the best Jackson Dinky/Soloist 900$-1100$. I considered getting a randy rhoads but i dont really like Flying Vs . My local store only sells Ibanez and Jackson so what do u advise me

- I play Heavy Metal (Metallica - Megadeth - Iron Maiden...)
- I don't do gigs I only practice at home
- Current amp: Blackstar Id 40 ( not much of a metal amp but i only practice home)
USA Jackson DK1. They range in price just above that used, but they're much, much better than anything else you could get. I got one used from the pre-fender era for 800 and it is phenomenal.

If you're able to bump your price up a bit (or talk him down a bit):

https://reverb.com/item/1431170-jackson-dk1-usa-excellent-shape

If you're ok with the bit-beat-up look:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-USA-DK1-/291643436470?hash=item43e74dadb6:g:48kAAOSwA4dWFv5Z

If you want to bid on one that perfectly matches what you're looking for:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-USA-DK1-Dinky-Electric-Guitar-2001-Black-Floyd-Rose-EMG-/121839604614?hash=item1c5e34d386:g:TvoAAOSwnipWbbTs

As I said, they're all US made (in Ontario CA), sound great, play phenomenally well. Only thing I will say against them is that they're all pretty old (the DK1 was cancelled and made custom only in the early 2000s) so you might have to get a refret or be willing to pay for some touchups a bit further on in the future.
That being said, you're going to get a lot of people on here saying that you should upgrade your amp first since that has the most effect on tone. And they do have a strong point; unless you're upgrading from a seriously starter guitar, you aren't going to see a huge change in tone, just a pretty great change in playability.
Jackson Soloist Pro SL2 ($900 or less) + Peavey Vypyr VIP 2 ($200 or less) and you're good to go.
If you're going to buy from that shop then just go in and play everything they have and find out what you like the most.

Other than that, do you have a preference of the 6 in-line or 3x3 headstock, which inlays, Floyd or fixed, EMGs or Seymour Duncans?
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by tfizzle20

As I said, they're all US made (in Ontario CA), sound great, play phenomenally well. Only thing I will say against them is that they're all pretty old (the DK1 was cancelled and made custom only in the early 2000s) so you might have to get a refret or be willing to pay for some touchups a bit further on in the future.

The DK1 is still part of the lineup today and as far as I know it's never been discontinued. It's certainly been available as long as I've been interested in Jackson, and that's coming up on 10 years now. The newer ones since the Fender buyout are built in Corona, CA in a separate Jackson section of the main Fender USA factory.

Anyhow, onto the thread question -

Quote by EMegatallicAM
The title says it all, what's the best Jackson Dinky/Soloist 900$-1100$. I considered getting a randy rhoads but i dont really like Flying Vs . My local store only sells Ibanez and Jackson so what do u advise me

- I play Heavy Metal (Metallica - Megadeth - Iron Maiden...)
- I don't do gigs I only practice at home
- Current amp: Blackstar Id 40 ( not much of a metal amp but i only practice home)

Looking new, that sort of budget is right in the sweet spot for the Pro series - and you could have a bit of cash left over. I think over there that the Pro series Dinkies run about $800 to $900, with the soloists more like $900.

You get more choice with the Dinky lineup (the various varieties of DK2), and they're made in the FMIC Mexico factory. The choice in the soloists is more limited, and they're coming out of Indonesia these days. I'm personally a big fan of the DK2 range, and I've heard that the quality control on the Mexican DKs is a bit more consistent than it is on the Indonesian Pro series models, so I'd lean towards the DK if I was you. Of course that doesn't matter so much if you can play the actual guitar in store, and I've heard from people who have great Indo soloists.

I feel I should point out that I may be a bit biased - I've recently got myself one of the Mexican DKs to go alongside my Japanese pair.

Looking used, you'd probably need a bigger budget to get a reasonable choice of USA models, so that option's probably out of the window unless you spot a really good deal. However you might be able to get a used Japanese Pro series for well within your budget. They're cracking good guitars for the price and well worth snapping up if you spot a good one.