I really want a 1984 explorer but that would leave me with hardly any cash. I was wondering if it's really worth the extra money or if I should just get the Gothic one. I know the 84' is better so please reply saying that.

You're paying extra for no pickguard, different radius and EMGs. So if that look is what you want, then by all means buy it.

If you 'knew' the 84 was better then this question wouldn't have to be be asked.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You're paying extra for no pickguard, different radius and EMGs. So if that look is what you want, then by all means buy it.

If you 'knew' the 84 was better then this question wouldn't have to be be asked.

i was wondering if it was WORTH the extra money, and do you think I would be better getting the Gothic and just putting better pasive pickups in it or going for the emg's?
Quote by keir118
i was wondering if it was WORTH the extra money, and do you think I would be better getting the Gothic and just putting better pasive pickups in it or going for the emg's?

It really depends on what you're looking for and if its WORTH IT to you. Is it worth it to you to pay the extra 200 bucks for the EMG pickups and the different neck radius? Are you just going to be throwing EMGs in the goth anyway making your savings moot?

There's no exact answer to your question. It all depends on what you play, what your goals are and what your preferences are.

PS, don't make duplicate threads. It's not gonna get your answer any faster.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I really comes down to personal preference, if your really want the 1984 then get it. Where are you purchasing from? Is there a possibility to split your payments over a few months or finance the guitar?
^ If you have to finance an Epiphone, you have no business buying it.

If you go used you can get a better deal
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If it were me, I would get the '84 since I hate the look of pickguards and prefer gloss finishes. Then I would ditch the EMG's and get a nice set of mid-hot passives. But that's what I would do. You need to decide what you want and like.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
If it were me, I would get the '84 since I hate the look of pickguards and prefer gloss finishes. Then I would ditch the EMG's and get a nice set of mid-hot passives. But that's what I would do. You need to decide what you want and like.

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I love the look of naked Explorers.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Aren't the pickups on the Goths pretty hot as it is? I never got a chance to play them. I know they're not actives, but I didn't think they were slouches, either.

Goths look pretty good, but next to the '84? They don't compare. Naked all the way.
Well, Naked,m or the Voodoo ones. I liked those a lot. Wish they would have made those under the Epiphone tag.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Thanks, I think ill just save for a little bit more and just get the 84.
Quote by keir118
Thanks, I think ill just save for a little bit more and just get the 84.

Go used and save a couple hundred dollars
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
^ If you have to finance an Epiphone, you have no business buying it.

If you go used you can get a better deal

Well I mean it's not a bad option if he can't spare all the money in this exact moment and wants the guitar ASAP...