I'm new to this site, so I don't know if I'm doing this right, but I had a concern with my guitar. When I play on the high E string, it kind of makes a strobing sound which is very annoying and makes solos sound horrible. I've only been playing for 6 months so I'm kind of amateur and I'm not sure what is causing this. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
Quote by JBizzly
Not a ceiling fan, but I have a rotary fan in the closet. Why?

Maybe they are suggesting electronic interference.

Does the string buzz when unplugged? If yes, you might need to adjust your action (string height) or truss rod (neck tension) a tiny amount. But that would also depend on whether the string is buzzing whilst fretted or whilst played open.
sounds like a high fret or the intonation is off on that string.

tune the string open then fret it at the 12th fret and see if you have the same note.

play the string starting with it open and then each fret on after another until the sound goes away. you have found the fret that is causing the issue.

Depending on the type of bridge you may be able to raise the saddle the little bit you need
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Dec 22, 2015,
Quote by RickyThomson
Maybe they are suggesting electronic interference.

nope, i had a similar issue while playing with a fan operating in my room. turns out it was the spinning blades reflecting the acoustic noise of the high E back to me.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
nope, i had a similar issue while playing with a fan operating in my room. turns out it was the spinning blades reflecting the acoustic noise of the high E back to me.

+1 this used to drive me crazy. Then I turned off the fan.