Planning on getting my drummer a new bass drum head for Christmas. His is beat to shit and is planning on recording our album with it, so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and buy a new one for him for Christmas so that: #1: I get him a cool gift for Christmas and #2: I help make our album sound less shitty by forcing him to change a bad drum head he is apprehensive about changing for some reason.

I know very little about drums. I know his bass drum is 18x22". What size head am I supposed to get? 18"? 22"? I was looking at an Aquarian SKII 22 incher but I was unsure if it would fit.
metronome

a job

talent
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Napkins, to wipe the drool away
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
A brain.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Once girlfriend of my drummer bro gifted him a pair of drumsticks with their names engraved on it.

He played the shit out of them and they broke in a month.
Velcro shoes? a bib? soft foods?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
As a drummer, I understand that changing bass drum heads is fairly expensive, but he can't spring for a new head when you cats are getting ready to go into the studio? My advice to you is to save your money and get yourself and the rest of the band a little present this Christmas: a new drummer.

That being said, if you are absolutely headset on getting this fellow a new bass drum head, it would be a 22". 18" is the shell's depth. And yes, the Aquarian Superkick II is a good one.