Hi!

So I own a Carvin x100b and joined a stoner band. I also own a Minotaur Fuzz and Burn pedal which sounds really nice. I'm trying to get a Matt Pike like tone from the setup. But can't quite get it. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Go to the Wampler Pedals site and leave an email for Brian.
He'll point you in the right direction.

Do you have a new (current version) X100B or an older one? Separates or combo? What speakers are in the cabinet?
What era of Pike's tone are you chasing? He's used an AOR, custom Matamp and Green amps, SLOs, Blackstar, and Orange amps. Also, to get his tones you need to crank the amp until the power amp and speakers are distorting and then hit it with fuzz or distortion. It's easier to do this with Sonic Titan style pedals that have a power amp chip. Monstro Pedals in Brazil has a line of these, and sometimes small builders will sell similar units on Reverb.
I don't think Brian Wampler is the right person to ask for Pike tones, really.
Check out the Midnight amplification Holy Mountain. Based on Orange/Matamp kinda vibes and will give you that loose feel not inherent in the x100bb. Plus the Australian dollar is in the toilet so if you are USA/UK based it could be a bargain even with shipping.

Also for a sonic titan kinda pedal as mentioned above, the EQD Acapulco Gold is a cheap, one knob power amp distortion. In combination with another fuzz it could provide you with the vibes you need.
Quote by maxxxkolo
It's an old head. I play through V30s.

Good piece. I've had an XV112B since the late '80's. Transformers are seriously heavy. It's an open-back combo that's variously had an EV-L or the 100w Brit-based speaker it came with, but I've unplugged that and run it through a V30 stack (or half), and it's put some good Marshalls on the trailer. The active controls give you a LOT of options for sound shaping.

Mine's got EL34s, but I've seen people with 6L6s and other tubes as well.

I recommended talking to Wampler because his history includes building pedals on a DIY basis for folks before ever getting into the commercial end of things. If he does NOT have something already workable, he's fully capable of listening to a recording for a few minutes and putting something together that will pretty much duplicate a sound through a relatively clean amp.
Don't know your guitar, but after getting your amp & pedals sorted, these might give your tone the final tweak:

http://www.lacemusic.com/Pike_Dirty_Heshers.php
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I play a Les Paul with dirty fingers in it.

But what about EQ? It seems that the carvin can handle a lot of different sounds. I could upload a snippet of my current tone and you guys could help me out a bit of it's ok.
Go for it!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Thanks mate!
So that basicly means bass and mids on 10, while cutting treble down.
Pike´s tone is so juicy!
Quote by maxxxkolo
So that basicly means bass and mids on 10, while cutting treble down.
Pike´s tone is so juicy!

Just make sure to keep enough treble around that you get the static and sparkle on the high end when you hit the strings.
Remember, Pike has soooo much gear on hand when recording all those songs you like so much.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Remember, Pike has soooo much gear on hand when recording all those songs you like so much.

Pike has less stuff than you might think. He’s had to sell a lot of of stuff over the years.
I think he was implying things about the technology in the recording studio and post-production.