Hi fellow UGers!
I've just bought a Bugera V55 combo. I've tried a few and this one has made the most impression on me.
It helps that I found it used for € 230,00 shipped, while it was almost double that price in the store...
Anyways, I like the sound a lot, especially the clean. The distortion on the other hand is a bit worse, but I was planning on using pedals anyway.

My question is: I like this amp as is, but I feel there's still room for some improvements.
Can anyone suggest me a tubes and/or speaker change that makes this amp even better?
Thanks in advance!
i highly recommend changing all preamp tubes, or at MIN the first and last.

some good options are:
JJs all around or at least a JJ in the first position

a 5751 in V1

a 12AT7 in teh last position.

personally, i ran a 5751 in V1 and a 12at7 in the last position and it worked out great. i would do a JJ 5751 and i got a NOS JAN-Phillips 12AT7 online for a relatively good price.

as for speakers, i would go Eminence or WGS. both are very good quality, relatively affordable, and offer a good variety of tones. basically some of the best dollar:performance speakers on the market. i have WGSs and love em.

another thing i would do with a 55 watt single speaker combo is perhaps get a Eminence FDM speaker like a maverick or a reignmaker. yeah they are 150 bucks, but they can attenuate the volume by about 9-10 DB, which from the overall output out of the speaker that is SIGNIFICANT. they also get very loud, about 101 SPL, which is generally a few measures louder than a normal speaker, which is also a nice bump in volume. meaning, they can help you get quieter or louder. a benefit of quiet (aside from playing at home) is that you can attentuate down teh volume, and then jack UP the master and get the power tubes working hard - get some natural tube breakup and crunch and help your tone.

those two things will make that amp drastically different.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)