Hello guys i recently started to consider a new setup, im still quite the beginner and my thougt is a Ibanez guitar and amp Line6 Spider III 75w
Is that Amy good?
hi, in the same kind of price your looking i have a Peavey vypyr VIP2 and a Schecter omen 6.

the Vypyr VIP2 sound way better than the Line 6 Spider amp to my ears.

for the guitar cant really talk for low/mid tier ibanez guitar since i didnt play enough on one to have a clear idea. but generally what ive seen is peaple disliking the ibanez INF pickups and ibanez Edge trem generaly found on ibanez low end guitar.

you should give a look into shecter guitar especially the omen series. hard to beat for the price vs what you get : good sounding pickup, good hardware, great feeling guitar.

you may want to look for yamaha pacifica/squier classic vibe too if your not into metal.
Forgot to tell you that its for metal genre, and my budget is around 400€
Right now i have fender mustang 1!!! And Texas guitar whatever that is.

EDIT: i took a look and the guitar is ibanez artist series.
Last edited by Maxfalk at Dec 22, 2015,
Quote by Maxfalk
Forgot to tell you that its for metal genre, and my budget is around 400€
Right now i have fender mustang 1!!! And Texas guitar whatever that is.

EDIT: i took a look and the guitar is ibanez artist series.

Any Ibanez without a locking tremolo should be okay. Their pickups aren't great, as has been mentioned, but very few are in this price range.
I think most cheap Ibbys are made in Indonesia these days, and I find their quality pretty consistent from what I've tried. Nothing spectacular, but okay.

Far as the amp is concerned, it might be worthwhile to delay the upgrade for now. Get a guitar you like, then start putting aside money for something that is considerably better than what you have now. Going from a starter modelling amp to slightly bigger one is imo not worth it.
Under $1000 Ibanez for the most part have the worast pickups in their price range.

I'd stay with the Mustang for now, you're basically swapping one bad amp for another. Maybe look at Tech21 TM30 or TM60 amp.

Never heard of your guitar, maybe post a pic?

I'd imagine it is a $100 pawn shop special with a neck like a crossbow?
Quote by diabolical
Under $1000 Ibanez for the most part have the worast pickups in their price range.

I'd stay with the Mustang for now, you're basically swapping one bad amp for another. Maybe look at Tech21 TM30 or TM60 amp.

Never heard of your guitar, maybe post a pic?

I'd imagine it is a $100 pawn shop special with a neck like a crossbow?

Im buying the ibanez and line 6 in second hand, the first price was 550€ And i was able to get it down to 400€. So the ibanez probably Did cost around 1000€

Still not worth?
Sdssksk
Quote by Maxfalk
Im buying the ibanez and line 6 in second hand, the first price was 550€ And i was able to get it down to 400€. So the ibanez probably Did cost around 1000€

Still not worth?
Sdssksk

No way in hell that was a 1000€ guitar. Still, it's probably nice enough.

The amp is still just a lousy spider though and imo a waste of your time. The silver lining here is you could probably sell it on without a loss since you got it used in the first place.
Quote by TheQuailman
No way in hell that was a 1000€ guitar. Still, it's probably nice enough.

The amp is still just a lousy spider though and imo a waste of your time. The silver lining here is you could probably sell it on without a loss since you got it used in the first place.

Yea but the Spider is probably better than fender

Here is a bad pic of the ibanez

1http://cdn.blocket.com/static/1/640x480/73/7377490785.jpg
Last edited by Maxfalk at Dec 23, 2015,
Quote by Maxfalk
Yea but the Spider is probably better than fender

I'd rather have a Mustang II than a Spider 75w. Dunno how the Mustang I compares, I guess the little 8" speaker probably isn't the greatest. Still, you are going from one starter amp to another, bigger one.

Quote by Maxfalk

Ah, those. Fairly low-end, but nice enough. Definitely ten times better than most store-brand or no-name guitars. It should play well when set up right, which is all you can ask for as a beginner.