Hi all,

couple of years ago i bought my Gibson guitar and have been using with standard E tuning (0.10 inch strings). I got one of my strings broken and wanted to replaced them all. I am having issue with my Floyd rose. i got all strings tuned to standard properly but the bridge is way too high. when i attempted to tighten the spring screws, it seems like they wont effect too much. i got them all the way down but still Floyd rose is way too high. i am experiencing something like that with my guitar.
my guess is the springs don't have enough tension to hold the bridge down. and it looks like i may need to add some more. But it is interesting that so far everything was OK with my three springs, why so suddenly i am experiencing that issue?

Maybe i should remove all the strings first and by new set of springs and try again. i would be glad if you could suggest me something to solve that problem.

thanks in advance
Sometimes it can take a while for the bridge to resettle, how long has it been?

Adding springs could work but assuming the strings are the same gauge that shouldn't happen out of the blue.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
the strings are same gauge, should i wait after i tuned the guitar? because it was really high and didnt look like to me it would come down by it self.

maybe i should just buy a new set of strings and try it again.

i am not sure but it was ok before i replaced the strings.
There are some really basic YouTube vids on setting up your Floyd Rose. More importantly, there are a few things that you want to do to secure the FR in place before you pull the strings.

Second -- you may want to change your strings a bit more often than "several years."
Yup. DSpellman is 100% correct. you need to re-float the bridge. Watch those youtube videos and be prepared to spend about an hour getting it right.

How do you like it otherwise? I almost got one when I bought my LTD Explorer instead.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals