I pretty versed in the Japanese underground band wave of the mid 90s.
I didn't know China allowed music
Damn, good shit posted so far.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by EyeNon15
I pretty versed in the Japanese underground band wave of the mid 90s.
I didn't know China allowed music

feel free to share. i know of boredoms but that's about it
reading about china's history with rock and it is fairly interesting:

Rock was still new to the Middle Kingdom in 1991—heck, music outside of the Eight Model Operas, some patriotic songs, and the barely-ten-years-old pop industry was still new.

The difference between the world that grunge conquered [in the U.S.] two decades ago and the one that yaogun slowly seeped through [in China] is the difference between a world living with rock and one that had no idea what to do with it.
http://www.popmatters.com/feature/149925-rock-n-roll-with-chinese-characteristics-nirvana-behind-the-great-/

....and on the chinese music industry as a whole:

The government is very protective of its airwaves and rules its own network of regional licensee stations with a rod of iron, both in broadcast policy and physical presence. The live studios are frequently under armed guard for fear of them being stormed by subversives.
www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/01/music_in_china_feature/
Last edited by Arthur Curry at Dec 23, 2015,
my brother lives in Beijing and i guess there really isn't much rock music over there. most of the music is like J-Pop and often there is little if any guitar in it. western rock is very much a niche market there and as mentioned fairly well controlled by the gov't.

as a side note brand name guitars are pretty expensive there if available at all. the chinese gov't considers goods made in china for foreign companies to actually be made in those counties. so say if you want an epiphone guitar it has to be imported into china (gov't taxes it) despite the fact that they are made there.
Well most Chinese bands won't post on YouTube, seeing that it's banned, along with the rest of Google services. (I'm on a VPN. Apparently, those are outlawed among nationals, though.)

Also, Chinese music has long favored melodicism, so by default these bands aren't going to be terribly popular unless something fundamental changes. Also, fun fact - Chinese are trained to clap on 1 and 3, instead of 2 and 4 in the west.

Out of the bands currently listed, only two "sing" in Standard Chinese, and I'd use singing loosely because White+ is rapping for the most part, and Zuriaake (where the heck does this Romanization come from? Although zangshihu doesn't look nearly as appealing) is screaming, and the latter loses the tones when they're orating, which makes it even harder to understand. Chinese rapping is actually kind of bizarre, because it still sounds like rhythmic singing in a way because of tone preservation.

Anyways, this is one of the most contentious songs of the pre-Event era:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYwsPt854Xo

Not going to explain anything about it at all, nor will I reply to anything about it, even in private.
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
StewieSwan

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I'm sure there are some chinese hardcore/punk bands out there but none have popped up on my radar.

as far as other nearby countries, I've heard of a few south korean bands, a few various south-east asian ones and there are tons of japanese bands.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by MHDrunk
japanese but they all look the same to me
You could try to observe more acutely and learn about the nuances if you just set your mind to it. Acknowledging personal ignorance is a good first step