*ahem*.... TONEWOODS MEAN NOTHING!

*scampers into hole*

Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
*ahem*.... TONEWOODS MEAN NOTHING!

*scampers into hole*

INB4 someone says "Ahem* cardboard is technically wood cause paper comes from trees."
Calling out tonewoods making no difference because of this video is dumb and it misses the point. All materials have resonant qualities of some kind or another and changing the body into something that isn't wood is not going to make those qualities disappear. It'll just change them to something else.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
That's kinda cool. I am assuming there is a truss rod in there somewhere? I bet seeing that neck snap after a big bend would be pretty cool. When I was in collage, I developed a "water guitar". It wasn't made out of water but it had separate chambers to fill that would affect the tone.
Quote by agent
That's kinda cool. I am assuming there is a truss rod in there somewhere? I bet seeing that neck snap after a big bend would be pretty cool. When I was in collage, I developed a "water guitar". It wasn't made out of water but it had separate chambers to fill that would affect the tone.

I developed one like that. Did a lot of research, though, exploring the various densities of liquid for each chamber and how it would affect the tone. Tried mercury (I think that's STILL affecting me somehow), several oils, some acids, some gloppy materials (helluva time getting that out), and even jello. Even tried some combustible stuff dissolved in lake water ("smoke on the water"). In the end, a combination of apple cider vinegar and urine worked best. Piss and vinegar. Who knew?
Cardboard guitars now?

Done in the '60's.

Dumb then.

Dumb now.

Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh
None of the old guitars or homemade ones were full-sized 6-string guitars with a cardboard neck. I just don't know why they didn't replace the plastic parts with cardboard.
Quote by dspellman
I developed one like that. Did a lot of research, though, exploring the various densities of liquid for each chamber and how it would affect the tone. Tried mercury (I think that's STILL affecting me somehow), several oils, some acids, some gloppy materials (helluva time getting that out), and even jello. Even tried some combustible stuff dissolved in lake water ("smoke on the water"). In the end, a combination of apple cider vinegar and urine worked best. Piss and vinegar. Who knew?

Fairly unlikely. Elemental mercury isn't particularly water soluble, so much of it is going to pass right through. In order to actually develop symptoms of mercury poisoning from pure mercury, you'd really have to be exposed to the vapour for a fairly lengthy period(as in most days a week for several months).