Heed the title. I was listening to Askival on my drive home this morning, and I had a thought for a fun little game for some of the regulars. Without subterfuge, what I'm really trying to do is pick everyone's collective brains for some more music, but let's call it a game because that's more enjoyable.

We shall make a playlist built around a certain theme/mood/atmosphere. Let's say 5 songs because that is manageable and easily digested in today's manic society. Today's topic:

The Song of the Skalds

Allow me to start with two suggestions, and we can battle it out with votes:

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4dBZL-FLaQ

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efo9NQrMS7A

We'll make up the rules as we go, and ultimately what I'm doing is appealing to you all for similar sounding tunes, but remember, it's only a game...
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by Kytokinesis
Who you need is annihislater

Yeah, that bastard was the best at this kind of stuff. Thanks for the contributions you all. This music helps during our little winter storm where I am.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Skyforger - Zobena dziesma

I am not really contributing to the thread by making this comment, but I just want to say that this is one of my favorite albums of all time, so I am glad to see it mentioned.

edit: I quite enjoyed the Fennoman song that you posted.
Last edited by P1ayingW1thF1re at Dec 28, 2015,