So I am wanting to get a more Sabbath type tone out of my Marshall AVT50 and am looking for a treble booster.
I need to stay under $120.
What do you suggest?
Can't speak for Sabbath Treble Booster itself, but my favorite treble booster always uses an OC44 for the transistor.
You're gonna find out yourself which one uses that transisitor, I'm barely awake enought to type right now.
If you could spend a little bit more, the Catalinbread Sabbra Cadabra might be what you're looking for. Since you want to get a black sabbath tone. I know it doesn't fit your budget, just food for thought.
Yea after researching most of today I think the Sabbra Cadabra is the pedal for me.
ont a traditional treble booster, but a Xotic AC booster has bass and treble settings, noon is unity, so you can cut bass and boost treble and it actually works quite well. its a fairly flatish mids type pedal but i find it has an ever so slight middy ness and adding in treble adds in some high mids, i find i already use a mid EQ on the amp, so boosting it up more adds a fairly nice attack, cutting lead tone i like.

solid pedal.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
will a treble booster work with an avt? i know i used to have an avt100 and it didn't like stacking pedals with the amp's distortion (though admittedly at that point in time i'm not sure i'd discovered the whole "drive low/volume high" setting )

i wouldn't spend too much before you're sure it'll work, in other words.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ive never understood why people use treble boosters. Can you not just turn up the treble on the amp or use a boost for solos?
Quote by lodgi
Ive never understood why people use treble boosters. Can you not just turn up the treble on the amp or use a boost for solos?

The EQ on the amp is often wired into the amp's circuit after the preamp gain stage that introduces distortion, whereas a treble booster allows you to boost the treble BEFORE that gain stage, which has a much more prominent effect on the characteristics of the distortion.

I can't imagine a treble booster being that useful with an AVT though - treble boosters only really work with amps which have overdrive that naturally sounds kinda muddy and muffled with poor note separation. An amp which sounds well balanced without a treble booster will most likely sound thin and nasal with a treble booster engaged. These results would not be very helpful when trying to get a more sabbath-like tone...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.