their achievements, when such achievements have been largely a result of their own doing

when i got quoted by some dude w a jake avatar
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I was thinking about this the other day, and thought about posting a thread about it. Then, I thought, there are loads of things I don't understand about shit people feel, so I thought I'd just leave it alone.

But, yeah, I don't know what it means to be proud of another person. I know what it's like to be happy for someone else, but pride makes it seem like a vicarious sort of thing.
Free Ali
Quote by Dreadnought
buttvan?

Gary thinks he is clever. We just play along because he is sensitive.

Quote by GuitarGod_92
I'm really proud of you overcoming your mental disabilities, Gary :')

Last I checked he was still Asian
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I'm only proud of people's achievements if I've had something to do with it.

Otherwise I'm happy for them, impressed by them, even proud to know them, but i have no right to pride in an achievement i had no hand in.
I'm proud of my dad if he remembers my name in the morning.

He's recently started calling me 'Phil' after his brother cuz his wife died recently and it messed them both up a bit.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by K'Nuckles
What reason have you had to be proud of people before?

Buttvan just got a dslr. Proud of u bae xoxo

Music, Theres some other cool shit but music is the top of the list.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
Not sure I'm capable of such a thing. I am sometimes proud of myself though.

EDIT: Actually no I'm p proud of my friend who writes lots of songs now and performs loads after I pushed her into it after 5 years of slacking. She reel gd. But I duno. Would I be proud if I hadn't inspired her and supported her? I'm probably just proud of myself.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Dec 26, 2015,