hello guys, for the past 3 years i had an Ibanez AS73 for left handed and i wanted to upgrade pickups, i'm not sure what kind of pickups i want to put into, but i have a great interest in put some Seymour Duncan Livewire Dave Mustaine Pickups, i have experience with active pickups, but EMGs, and i have heard really good things about the Mustaine Livewires, that they are versatile and that they sound really good

what are you guys opinion about my idea? it is a good plan? or i may stick to pàssive pickups and put some other pickups,

by the way, i play mostly metal, Thrash Metal, Industrial Metal, Nu Metal, Death Metal, Alternative, Grunge, etc
Last edited by sprunkcovers at Dec 25, 2015,
i like passives but seeing as you're not going with the over done 81/85 combo this can be a lot of fun , i say give it a go. The other blackout you might like is the blackout metal as there is the boost on it you can re-wire a useless (to me) treble cutting tone knob to control the percentage of boost you get out of the bridge.

but if i was to pick the duncan distortion set, the JB bridge pickup or black winter set for example i'd go with. In one guitar i wanted a distortion and screaming demon (humbucker bridge) in the neck. But on a bc rich i have i might just go with the black winter or full shred set.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Dec 26, 2015,
You're going to have some issues putting actives in a semi-hollow guitar. Not really any place to put the battery. I'd go passive, or get a guitar with actives already in it (or at least space for a battery).
i have currently 2 guitars with actives, a Dean VMNT and a custom guitar, both have EMG 81/85, this two guitars are set for lower tunings, but this ibanez is set for not too low tunings (currently is in Eb tuning) i wanted the LiveWires DM because i had heard good things about them, and i was curious about a semi hollow guitar with active pickups, but not emgs, but i'm also interested on passives, like an Invader, or a Distorion, but not a JB, i am not a particular fan about the JB, i want anything that is (i hope) medium to high output, but i want to sound good and not too muddy
muddiness the invader i'd stay away from, however there is a wiring mod i've mentioned on here a million times that clears up even the muddiest pickup I'll have a diagram below. It costs next to nothing to make too.

here's practically the whole SD line, the only two concerns are the actives Ola got a horrible tone out of and the fact he isn't using the same guitar start to finish. It's tedious but a video like it you plan to keep up forever so might as well do it right the first time.

and this believe it or not is a fender mod but for super high output pickups I don't see myself playing a guitar without it , it only works on passive guitars and if the 9v is a pain to switch you can have an external power supply which is easy to make. Even a butter dish filled with bubble wrap will do the trick , i actually made one for this bass cut mod to show people what it could do years and years ago. But the diagram isn't posting properly so click the link.

(Invalid img)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3YzI3sd2WA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZYDYiOIuC8