Hey guys,

I saw a sale for a Blackstar IDCore 10 for $75. I also found a Behringer ACX450 on craigslist for $100. I know little to nothing regarding amps but I'm currently using a Fender Frontman and I don't really like the way it sounds (constantly buzzes).

Which do you guys think is better? FYI I currently play a Big Baby Taylor with a soundhole pickup. I do want to get in to electric guitar so I want to keep that in mind too.

Thanks guys!
Dude, one of those two amps is gonna be a step down from your frontman, not a step up...
I say keep saving until you can afford something which is actually better than what you currently have
Why not have the Fender serviced? They might be able to solve the buzz.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
Yeah, fix the buzzing. It may not be the fault of the amp. It could be your guitar, it could be your cable. If you are plugging an acoustic into an electric amp and use distortion, you are most likely getting buzz.

Only get a new amp when you can really afford a better amp. I doubt either of the amps you mentioned would be much better than what you currently have. So don't waste your money.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Look at the Peavey Vypyr VIP series. They are acoustic, electric and bass guitar amps all in one package and they sound decent.

Stay away from both of those you listed.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Dec 27, 2015,
Quote by anthonymarisc
I say go for the Blackstar. I have an ID Core 10. Great sounds for the money.

Be quiet.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by anthonymarisc
I say go for the Blackstar. I have an ID Core 10. Great sounds for the money.

STFU. lol.

(rob )
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Yeah, fix the buzzing. It may not be the fault of the amp. It could be your guitar, it could be your cable. If you are plugging an acoustic into an electric amp and use distortion, you are most likely getting buzz.

Only get a new amp when you can really afford a better amp. I doubt either of the amps you mentioned would be much better than what you currently have. So don't waste your money.

haha thanks guys! i'll look into fixing the frontman...i dont think it's the cable or the guitar since it buzzes even when nothing is plugged in.

honestly though i am a noob when it comes to amps. how does one get it serviced? can i just take it to guitar center or something?
Quote by gezeebeezee
haha thanks guys! i'll look into fixing the frontman...i dont think it's the cable or the guitar since it buzzes even when nothing is plugged in.

honestly though i am a noob when it comes to amps. how does one get it serviced? can i just take it to guitar center or something?

its not worth enough for a tech. techs are a minimum of $50 just to look at it. i would check simple things, guitar, cable, speaker connections. maybe clean the pots and jack with contact cleaner. if that isn't it i would open it up and look for bad solder joints. if you cant find that, to the garbage can it goes.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Robbgnarly
Look at the Peavey Vypyr VIP series. They are acoustic electric and bass guitar amps all in one package and they sound decent.

Stay away from both of those you listed.

I got an original Vyper And ill take that thing over about anything for a home use amp that I can bust out 100watts at a moments notice.