I just recieved a fender classic player special jaguar for christmas. I plugged it up and played it then stopped to answer a phone call and came back and there was this awful buzzing coming from my fender mustang 40w. I picked up the jag and touched the strings, it stopped. I then touched the low E neck pick up slot and it started buzzing like crazy. My strings are buzzing too. Should i return it or what do i do to fix it?
Sounds like a grounding issue but single coils are a bit noisy by nature anyway. It may also be your amp or the electricity in your house. I'd try with another amp if you can to eliminate that.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
Sounds like a grounding issue but single coils are a bit noisy by nature anyway. It may also be your amp or the electricity in your house. I'd try with another amp if you can to eliminate that.

+1

If you've never used single coils before, welcome to the world of buzz. That's why guitars are grounded all the way up to the strings (and the humbucker was invented). Is one of the pickups reverse wound? I.e. can you combine them with your selector in such a way that the buzz is eliminated - like positions 2 and 4 on a strat? If you *should* be able to do that and you *can't*, then you might have a bigger issue than just being unused to singles.