So, I bought a 6505+MH earlier this year, and I am just now getting around to playing with it and,

1) I have no idea why people give the 6505 clean channel such a bad rap. It' very organic and playable.

2) There is a very high pitched fizzy quality to the lead channel. First, I rolled off the treble, thinking that was the cause, but I heard a very nasty, muddy, fizzy sound, which was far worse than the treble dimed. Then, I pulled the presence down to about 9 o'clock, and I got the same result. Finally I brought the pre-amp gain down a lot, and I got the same tone, with lower gain. I don't know what to do.

Btw, I am using a MESA 2x12 and a Washburn N4.
Might be worth getting a few 12ax7's to roll through the preamp
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Do you use the effects loop? If so, does it sound different (better) if you disengage everything from the effects loop? I have not played a 6505+ MH, but with my 112 combo at least, it sounded terrible when using the effects loop until I modded the buffer. It wouldn't surprise me if the MH had the same crappy buffer, which takes all the life out of the amp and simply adds fizz.

They are somewhat fizzy amps anyway. However, I've found that running 5751 tubes in V1 and the phase inverter position really sweetens the tone. I've found also that an EQ pedal in the loop works wonders. A cut to the highest frequencies can take away fizz completely.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Have you ever tried a 12DY7 in v2 to clean up the cleans?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^^Me? (TS said he liked his cleans).

I've been meaning to try that. Might order one when I order new PTs next week. The 5751s in V1 and PI really sort out the cleans, especially if you roll off the volume knob on the guitar a hair. I have a JAN 12AT7 I sometimes use in V1 if I want to record cleans though; sounds very clean and warm.

I forgot to say that the 5751s do tame some of the fizz as well.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
have you tried a different guitar? I played an n4 through my 5150 and 5150ii and hated it. the bill Lawrence gave icepick type tones
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Quote by KailM
^^Me? (TS said he liked his cleans).

I've been meaning to try that. Might order one when I order new PTs next week. The 5751s in V1 and PI really sort out the cleans, especially if you roll off the volume knob on the guitar a hair. I have a JAN 12AT7 I sometimes use in V1 if I want to record cleans though; sounds very clean and warm.

I forgot to say that the 5751s do tame some of the fizz as well.
Yes, I meant you.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Sorry guys, I haven't been on here for a couple weeks. I just ordered some new tubes, hopefully that will make the difference. I have tried it with a strat as well, and I still get the same tone.