I've been searching for the last few weeks for a good effects processor, as the days with my iRig HD are getting old and I'm longing to do some recording through my PC. I've been looking at the Line 6 POD series, as all of those seem decently priced, but the only thing is, I want something that you record through USB and not line in audio. I made that mistake with getting the Pocket POD a few months ago, went into Guitar Center, without any knowledge of those things, and asked a few employees about them. They were like "Oh yeah you can record direct through USB, so do you want me to go ahead and set you up at the checkout counter?" And of course I went along with it, only to realize by the time I got home, it didn't support USB recording. So, returned it and it was back to my practice amp and my iRig. I've decided to start looking again, and I'm determined to find something decent. I've gotten around $300 from family for Christmas, to blow so I think I can find a decent interface for that. I came across the POD XT Pro, and it looked pretty good but I'd like to know how good it actually sounds and how it records? Also, I'm looking to get something I can use POD Farm 2 with(tried it with a friend's nice interface and loved how user friendly it was) and something that has a foot pedal or at least supports ones like the FBV pedal. Any suggestions?
Go for a used POD HD500 if you can.

I have a POD XT and it is OK but nothing special. You have to remember it is a decade old technology now.

Here is a POD HD bean for $199, that is a good price for the quality of sounds you get
www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Line-6/Pod-HD-Effect-Processor-111664486.gc
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
That's what I was thinking about the XT, I looked up some videos on YouTube and there were like seven year old videos of them being used, so... And thanks for the suggestions, I think I'll get a used POD HD500, just found some for a steal of the price on eBay, thanks!
You should be able to easily find a used POD HD500X in your price range. A number of people are getting rid of them now preparing to buy the Helix that's coming out.

A couple of things to make sure of. Make sure it's a 500X, not the 500. You'll want the extra DSP power.

Also check the functionality of the USB connection before you buy it. Some people have reported issues there and you want to verify it connects and can be configured into your computer.
Also check out the Zoom G3/5. Great pedals, a good alternative to Line 6.

However, if recording is a primary goal, neither may be the answer. Look into a dedicated interface & pc based amp sims. Head over to the Recording forum & read the stickies for advice.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Also check out the Zoom G3/5. Great pedals, a good alternative to Line 6.

However, if recording is a primary goal, neither may be the answer. Look into a dedicated interface & pc based amp sims. Head over to the Recording forum & read the stickies for advice.

I'm not sure about the zoom, but the L6 has a decent interface for recording
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I'm not sure about the zoom, but the L6 has a decent interface for recording

The Zoom does too

What I'm saying though, is if that's the main goal for this kit, why get one that limits you? With a dedicated interface, TS could use all the amp sims etc that are out there, AND would have a better quality interface - the ones on multi fx can be good, but they're still an add on rather than something dedicated to the task.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud