First apologize for my English.

Spain is a country of great luthiers. You know Ibanez? It was Spanish

This is a special guitar. It's for my son. He is 16 years old. It takes only three years playing guitar. He plays the guitar because it allows you to improve your coordination. He has improved coordination. A lot.

This guitar is made in memory of my mother . Her grandmother. He died this year . He called Salvia. Salvia is also a blue-green flower. Sometimes red:

- For that reason, the colors. Blue green.

- For that reason, the black, mourning.

- For that reason, in abalone inlays: Abalone blue-green.

- For that reason, the 12th fret. It is a Celtic symbol. He is also a Christian symbol (for the ring). My mother was Celtic and Christian. He used John Paul Jones.

WOODS. I wanted chestnut or oak. They are the Celtic area of ​​Spain. But it was very heavy wood. At the end alder. It is lighter. It does not weigh much. Alder is ugly. But the luthier learned select. Great job of AP-Luthier.

PICKUPS. The luthier is Dimarzio fan. Dimarzio makes good pickups for telecaster. Above the Twangking to the neck. But the bridge ... I was not convinced. I watched other: Lollar, bare knuckle, ... finally I opted for Bare.Knuckle. Blackguard 55. A strange combination (Dimarzio-B.K.). But it sounds great.

TUNERS. I wanted to buy a Gotoh. I had to buy in Japan. When would I saw, by chance, a Hipshot. Very nice. Very beautiful. What to do? . The luthier told me never had problems with Gotoh ... but not with the Hipshot. He decided the price. The choice was made by the dollar. I chose the Hipshot because import from Japan was very expensive. And Hipshot are much more beautiful. And Hipshot is made in USA!

BRIDGE: I had to tune the strings individually. One by one. With precision. The options were Callahan, Glendale, Joe Barden ... but their websites are not very detailed. Finally Kluson: 100% brass.

FINISH: Nitro. Except the headstock. Head is polyurethane. Why? Because for home we use wall hangers . Only hangers-headstock .

I still have no guitar at home. arriving on 30 December. Come The Magi!!!
Last edited by xiarchum at Dec 26, 2015,
Some pictures sent by the luthier

ALISO AND MAPLE SELECTED.

PRE FORM:

PROTOTYPE Y WORKING ABALONE (12 FRET) by AP Luthier; IN MEMORY OF MY MOM:

WORKING THE FRETBOARD AND INLAYS (natural abalone):

GENERAL WORKING

NECK: CARBON REINFORCEMENTS AND TRUSS ROD

GRAPH TECH TUSQ XXL:

FINISHED!!!

CELTIC "TRIKETA" DETAIL. I like it.

Five screws . 3 + 2 . CARING FOR WOOD.

HIPSHOT TUNERS (GRIP LOCK OPEN GEAR) U.S.A.!

HIPSHOT STAGGERED:

BODY-NECK UNION DETAIL

I think that I do not forget anything important. I will tell my son says when the guitar arrives. I'm more happy than my son. Yet he has not seen...
I forgot!!!

Recently the luthier has put a video on YouTube with my guitar. The guitarist is not my son. The guitarist is not the lutier. I think it's a friend. I do not know that amplifier use

you want to see how it sounds? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-VAhXgC1wo

I think it's better than a video of my son He is the best son , but not the best guitarist. I am now waiting for the guitar comes home... then everyone will see if the expectation becomes real.
Beautiful guitar...hell of a gift! You must really love your son.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
nice :CHEERS:
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/