get something like an Allparts or Mighty mite neck

you can use a standard Squier tele neck also.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by korinaflyingv
Will they definitely fit? I don't want to do any sanding or whatever.

They should, but like anything made from wood, there may be a little sanding to get it to fit correctly in the neck pocket.

But allparts and Mighy mite are licensed Fender necks so I'm sure the neck pocket should be just about right from the start. the same goes for a used Squier neck.

But if your in doubt, measure the neck pocket length and width and compare it to what the neck has for it's heal dimension.

The biggest issue is making sure the neck has the same amount of frets and scale or the intonation will be off and you will not fix it without some pretty in depth modifications
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Dec 26, 2015,
Quote by korinaflyingv

Yes that should fit as long as the original was 21 frets
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by korinaflyingv
Cool thanks. What is the neck thickness dimension they list?

Neck thickness .85 inch at first fret, .96 inch at twelfth fret

Nut width 1-5/8 inch

but I saw the radius id 7.25" and you might not like that. I prefer a 10-12" radius personally.

7.25" radius is what they used a long time ago as a atandard, now it is not extremely common. Most fender and Squier necks are typically 9.5" radius.

If your wondering a smaller radius means fretting notes is pretty easy twards the headstock, but string bends will suffer unless you go with higher action. The flatter the radius like 10-12" and bends are much easier and do not tend to fret out with lower action. Even the standard 9.5" radius is much better than the 7.25" IMO
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I mean what is neck thickness. What does that refer to?

And fair, I'll see if I can find a 9.5 one on there, haven't looked too hard. The original neck wasn't perfect but was pretty great, lower radius I think would probably take it in the wrong direction by the sounds of it. It's the same price to get the Squier one and that has tuners as well (the ones I love as well with the slits in the top), problem is it's shipping from US, which I don't necessarily trust.
Quote by korinaflyingv
I mean what is neck thickness. What does that refer to?

And fair, I'll see if I can find a 9.5 one on there, haven't looked too hard. The original neck wasn't perfect but was pretty great, lower radius I think would probably take it in the wrong direction by the sounds of it. It's the same price to get the Squier one and that has tuners as well (the ones I love as well with the slits in the top), problem is it's shipping from US, which I don't necessarily trust.

Neck thickness is the distance from the top of the fret-board to the back of the neck

The allparts neck is going to be a better buy if your buying without seeing it first. Squier necks can be great, but buying blind at that price I wouldn't do it. You should be able to get a Squier tele neck for $50 used.

Squier tuners suck also. You can get some decent locking tuners for $35 but they are non name brand (they work fine though.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Fair. I'll see if I can get an allparts one with a larger radius. Also the Squier Classic Vibe tele tuners are the best I've ever used they keep tune well and are really really easy to restring. If you could recommend some ones that are better but still the slit in the top design that would be much appreciated.
I don't like to contradict people, but on a Tele I don't think there's really anything to be gained from a tuner upgrade (and the Squier split-shaft tuners I've had were fine Easy to string and as stable as you like). Locking tuners are a waste of money anyway if you don't have a trem, I'd say, since unless you string really badly your tuning issues will just about never originate from the tuners.

+1 on going for a larger radius, though. Don't buy 7.25" unless you've tried it and know you like it. Those who don't understand the concept of preference will tell you it's objectively worse, but as someone who likes the smaller radii well enough I'll say that relatively few people get along with it and it's impractical for a lot of applications.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by Robbgnarly
Yes that should fit as long as the original was 21 frets

Number of frets doesn't matter at all. The 22nd fret on a Tele/Strat neck has always been part of a fretboard extension, the neck heel is exactly the same. Only exception is Fender Modern Player Series, whose necks/bodies have entirely different fits.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by Robbgnarly
Squier tuners suck also. You can get some decent locking tuners for $35 but they are non name brand (they work fine though.

AFAIK Squier CV tuners are the same Ping MIK ones used on the Fender Classic Series.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I don't like to contradict people, but on a Tele I don't think there's really anything to be gained from a tuner upgrade (and the Squier split-shaft tuners I've had were fine Easy to string and as stable as you like). Locking tuners are a waste of money anyway if you don't have a trem, I'd say, since unless you string really badly your tuning issues will just about never originate from the tuners.

+1 on going for a larger radius, though. Don't buy 7.25" unless you've tried it and know you like it. Those who don't understand the concept of preference will tell you it's objectively worse, but as someone who likes the smaller radii well enough I'll say that relatively few people get along with it and it's impractical for a lot of applications.

I am going to agree with the tuner point.

I like the 7.25 on my 52RI, but it is VERY different than a 9.5" i would however go with the 9.5" if i was going to put one together. thats what my other strats and teles have.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by HomerSGR
Number of frets doesn't matter at all. The 22nd fret on a Tele/Strat neck has always been part of a fretboard extension, the neck heel is exactly the same. Only exception is Fender Modern Player Series, whose necks/bodies have entirely different fits.

Yes it does.

I have done mods where I have put 22 fret necks on what was originally 21 frets. The heal has needed to be cut to make it fit properly and then the fret board hangs over like you said. but most necks are not like you explained.

You can use a strat neck also, but the heal shape needs to be addressed and you'll have to cut a bit off the heal of the neck and reshape it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i gotta ask.

how the hell did you snap a tele neck?

here's the sad news, the classic vibe necks are great, and replacing one won't be easy. basically, if you like the classic vibe neck, buy another classic vibe tele and sell off the body.

or go down the rabbit hole of desirable specs and find mightymite and allparts lacking in options. then go to warmoth and find yourself spending more on the neck than the guitar originally cost you.

i don't envy your position, but i'm in nearly the same one with a strat. probably going the warmoth route but we'll see. i'm still arguing with myself over neck profiles.

good luck.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020

I'd like to know this too It's not like it's any of that mahogany nonsense

Quote by gregs1020
here's the sad news, the classic vibe necks are great, and replacing one won't be easy. basically, if you like the classic vibe neck, buy another classic vibe tele and sell off the body.

I see a fair few of the CV necks on eBay
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Dec 27, 2015,
Quote by K33nbl4d3

I see a fair few of the CV necks on eBay

that's probably a good way to go then.

i mean, for $200 you can get a warmoth that would have the flatter radius, wider nut, etc vs the politically correct 7.5 and 1 5/8 CV specs.

but we need to know how this was broken first.

and completely unrelated, the korina flying v is possibly the greatest guitar every conceived.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Dec 27, 2015,
Quote by gregs1020
i mean, for $200 you can get a warmoth that would have the flatter radius, wider nut, etc vs the politically correct 7.5 and 1 5/8 CV specs.

Aren't the CVs the modern 9.5" radius?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Aren't the CVs the modern 9.5" radius?

they probably are, i didn't check.
Quote by gregs1020
i gotta ask.

or go down the rabbit hole of desirable specs and find mightymite and allparts lacking in options. then go to warmoth and find yourself spending more on the neck than the guitar originally cost you.

i don't envy your position, but i'm in nearly the same one with a strat. probably going the warmoth route but we'll see. i'm still arguing with myself over neck profiles.

good luck.

I don't know! I left it fairly precariously placed then visited home for a few weeks, when I came back it was snapped and nobody had even noticed. I imagine it fell and hit some sort of very hard surface.

Yeah there are a few on ebay. Have to get it shipped from the US though which is a pain.

Quote by gregs1020

and completely unrelated, the korina flying v is possibly the greatest guitar every conceived.

It was my dream guitar the week I signed up to this forum lol. I haven't been so hot on them since. Not played one though.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Dec 28, 2015,