as well as we had to wait like 14 hours to get it to download, they couldn't bother to put in a hard copy. they gave us a digital dl.

and i miss the old systems of capturing bases n' junk. and becoming heroes. why do i have to pay 60$ a year to play 80% of a game.

i am used to the old way of doing games where you get the whole thing in the disc. #rantrant

itt discuss how the times are a' changin'
80%? it literally doesn't have single player

also you're not paying $60 to play 80% of a game

you're paying $60 to play 40% of a game

BUY THE EA™ SEASON PASS NOW FOR ONLY $60 AND GET THE OTHER HALF OF STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT™ CONTENT
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I didn't buy it out of protest. My choice is really hurting EA right now. Just wait for it. Soon they will cave in.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Will Lane
as well as we had to wait like 14 hours to get it to download, they couldn't bother to put in a hard copy. they gave us a digital dl.

and i miss the old systems of capturing bases n' junk. and becoming heroes. why do i have to pay 60$ a year to play 80% of a game.

i am used to the old way of doing games where you get the whole thing in the disc. #rantrant

itt discuss how the times are a' changin'

(Invalid img)

Quit whining, new guy. I used to get games on a fucking audio cassette.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
If you buy the season pass you can have up to half the content of a normal game for only twice the price.

A steal, if you ask me.
Gaming thread

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Shit like that is why I just don't pay for games made by or fronted by major studios. They see their customers as little more than filth, why give them the money for the inferior, incomplete products they peddle when some independent developer is making something far more adventurous out of their bedroom?

Also yes gaming thread

but don't go in there bc me and Rapture usually just end up prattling on about Fallout
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by binadra1234 at #33746623
I got this game. It's not bad game but there's no enough maps, weapons or charcter customization.

EA™ season pass for Star Wars: Battlefront™, only $60
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
EA™ season pass for Star Wars: Battlefront™, only $60

I know dude but I don't think that even overpriced season pass will help with this problem.
Quote by Banjocal
Shit like that is why I just don't pay for games made by or fronted by major studios. They see their customers as little more than filth, why give them the money for the inferior, incomplete products they peddle when some independent developer is making something far more adventurous out of their bedroom?

Also yes gaming thread

but don't go in there bc me and Rapture usually just end up prattling on about Fallout

Join me in The witcher

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I got it cuz I like Star Wars, I liked Battlefront, and I thought you know what..? most games I play require a subscription and I don't have time for them any more. A season pass for a game I can pick up and play suits me much better and I'm fine with paying it.

If you're not, you didn't do your homework before you opted to buy it.
Quote by binadra1234
I got this game. It's not bad game but there's no enough maps, weapons or charcter customization.
3 hours later after getting a 2-day trial of ps+ and i can't stop
Quote by Terbasmin
I got it cuz I like Star Wars, I liked Battlefront, and I thought you know what..? most games I play require a subscription and I don't have time for them any more. A season pass for a game I can pick up and play suits me much better and I'm fine with paying it.

If you're not, you didn't do your homework before you opted to buy it.
i purposely did not want to ruin it for myself, in either spectrum of expectations.
Its funny you mention that, I've been loving battlefront 2 lately. It's so much fun. Nothing Beats 150 droids vs 150 clones in a firefight. Amazing game.
It's a rip off and there's a frustrating lack of single player modes but I've had it since it came out and still play it daily.

It's still got nothing on the original two games though, especially the first one - it's maps were incredible. A classic map package as part of the expansion packs would be nice...
2nd battlefront was the best m8. The sheer volume of content made it a game you could play for years.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Battlefront 2's gameplay and Galactic Conquest with Battlefront 1's maps would be amazing. The maps that were kept for 2 from 1 weren't even the good ones!
Battlefront II definitely wins for me. There are a few nice additions in the new one, but it's also missing too much. I think I'll stick to CS:GO.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
oh yh. love bfront 2. one of the game modes of bfront 3 is very similar to how 2 worked with the outposts. but i was hoping 3 would just be an updated version of 2. it is still okay it is just the content lack that gets me.
yeah it's balls tbh
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Do video games really get any better, aside from graphics? For instance, what would make halo 5 better than halo 2? Or battlefront 2. I still haven't found a better game than super mario world. The newest game system I have is the Xbox.
New games definitely have less content then the games in the golden age. Think some good developers have gone down, and some other developers have gotten too powerful which has led to a lack of competition and therefore quality.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
New games definitely have less content then the games in the golden age. Think some good developers have gone down, and some other developers have gotten too powerful which has led to a lack of competition and therefore quality.
Remember the Half Life demo? They handed you 60% of the game with a few alternative maps.

Good times.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
It really seems that a lot of people equate better graphics with better game. Whenever I read reviews it seems more gets made of the fps values than the actual content. I mean, yeah, I don't want a game to start slowing down to become unplayable, but I'd rather have lesser graphics with a better experience. Why do people still play FFVII? MGS? Graphics are beyond shit in comparison to today's offerings, but the content was there. And they didn't need day one patches or DLC.
Frankly this generation needs to get over graphics big time. Below is just some of the problems with it but just generally, why are ppl sacrificing writing for visual quality? I can't bring myself to be so cynical that I think people are really /that/ lacking in distinction

https://youtu.be/FRTsl1jCqq8
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
Frankly this generation needs to get over graphics big time. Below is just some of the problems with it but just generally, why are ppl sacrificing writing for visual quality? I can't bring myself to be so cynical that I think people are really /that/ lacking in distinction

https://youtu.be/FRTsl1jCqq8

Because people are dumb, and it's easier for studios to promise 'moar picksels' than 'better stories'.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
95% of Battlefront is complete shit. The other 5 percent is okay because it's probably fun to play a round or two once and a while. I used to be really passive when it came to DLC but it's completely out of hand now, fuck EA and their 60 dollar season pass. I know it won't happen but I really fucking hope people get their heads out of their asses and stop supporting EA. It's also really shitty that they publish Mass Effect.
speaking of graphics and stuff im going retro right now with a bunch of roguelikes and stuff and dwarf fortress and this and stuff and it's great
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Baby Joel
speaking of graphics and stuff im going retro right now with a bunch of roguelikes and stuff and dwarf fortress and this and stuff and it's great
This is incredibly fun and idk why
Quote by EndTheRapture51
you know what i miss most about battlefront 2?

playing a match against someone in a space battle, getting inside their ship, then just camping out and slowly destroying all their essential things from within.

i'm gonna have to figure out a way to get it again. might just have to settle for the PC version and only play every once in a while when i'm at my mom's house.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
you know what i miss most about battlefront 2?

playing a match against someone in a space battle, getting inside their ship, then just camping out and slowly destroying all their essential things from within.

Basically. Although I'd first use the spawning ship to take out stuff on the outside of their ship untill the bombs were empty, cause it was the hardest ship for their lasers to destroy.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
i vaguely remember using a ship's own turrets to destroy it's own stuff, but i'm not 100% sure. could you do that?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I'm done buying EA games for good. Battlefield 4 was bad enough with DLC, why do people have the willingness to open their wallet for what is effectively a re-release?

At this point, I refuse to buy any game that costs more than 40 dollars. If your model isn't MTX + cheap/free base cost, then your game isn't worth playing.
Last edited by CaptainRon at Dec 27, 2015,