Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum and I'm new to the music world aswell.
I'm currently learning how to play guitar all by myself, couldn't afford that much of a guitar so I had to buy a fender squier bullet strat which isn't quite good for what I want (metallica style thrash) but I guess that it does the deal since I'm still a beginner and I can't even play anything from metallica yet.

Alright, let me get to the subject.
I've been playing for two weeks and since I have to move a lot everyday I always take the guitar, cable and amp with me. I curl up the cable and throw it in the same bag as the guitar and carry the amp on the other hand.
Few days ago, the sound started failing when I strummed the strings, I touched the cable some times and all was fine again.
Today, when I was turning everything up, no sound would come out of the amp, which makes me think the problem comes out from the cable, but the cable only has 2 weeks, is it normal?
I've tried connecting the cable to amp and tapping the other end with my finger and no sound would come.. So, I should buy another cable right?
Bad cable, bad connectors at guitar or amp. All are probably an easy fix with a soldering iron. Test a different cable first, and eliminate possibilities one by one.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY