I recently just got my Duncan invader along with a Duncan liberator to try and make the install easier. Well about completion I have hit a snag. The way the tone and output jack run are different from what the diagram shows from Seymour Duncan. But I have a 2a4473j Film capacitor On the first lead on the tone running the hot to the output. Would it hurt to clip it off to run my diagram in the correct way? Or am I better off just to buy a new tone pot at the local shop and re run it all?

All help appreciated thank you,

Josh.
Last edited by jroessner at Dec 27, 2015,
Quote by jroessner
I recently just got my Duncan invader along with a Duncan liberator to try and make the install easier. Well about completion I have hit a snag. The way the tone and output jack run are different from what the diagram shows from Seymour Duncan. But I have a 2a4473j Film capacitor On the first lead on the tone running the hot to the output. Would it hurt to clip it off to run my diagram in the correct way? Or am I better off just to buy a new tone pot at the local shop and re run it all?

All help appreciated thank you,

Josh.

The diagram also calls for a 0.47 capacitor on it so should I track one down before I try and finish it?
I would ask this on the Duncan User Group Forum too. What guitar is it going in? The Liberator won't make the initial installation easier, but it will make it easier if you switch pickups out on the same guitar with some frequency. What guitar? What is the value of the film cap now (not the model)?
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Quote by Mincer
I would ask this on the Duncan User Group Forum too. What guitar is it going in? The Liberator won't make the initial installation easier, but it will make it easier if you switch pickups out on the same guitar with some frequency. What guitar? What is the value of the film cap now (not the model)?

I have it going in a Gibson maestco lp Jr. The current film cap is the standard one that came in it so I imagine it's nothing good on the tone. I got everything else good to go I just need to get that last bit of it ran. I'm also adding the diagram to the post
Ignore what it was and follow the SD instructions.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Dec 27, 2015,
Quote by Cathbard
Ignore what it was and follow the SD instructions.

That's the diagram I followed I just need to switch the cap and one wire and it will be to exact specs from Seymour Duncan. Thank you.
Well I did manage to get it set up according to the diagram. Sadly the sound wasn't as it should and felt like I was using a killswitch. So I decided to a better judgement I dropped it off to a friend for repair in shop. But hes a good friend and said he'd go over everything with me when the repair is done. Thanks everyone for the help in the meantime much appreciated.