Hey Guys
I have a Zoom MS-50G Multieffect. I tried to only use a Boost Pedal in Front of my Tube Head but when i use it, there is alot of noise in the background which you can hear pretty loud when im playing. Is it normal? There is nothing else in the signal chain. Guitar->"Booster"->Amp
Without a more specific description of the noise you are getting, it is hard to pinpoint, but assuming that the pedal is in fine working order, you may have the drive up too high. If you are using the gain channel on your amp, and you are boosting that signal, you may have the gain (or drive) set too high on the pedal. Try turning down the gain on your amp to just under saturation, and turn the drive all the way down on the pedal, and increase it until you get saturation. If the problem is still there, you may want to use a noise gate to see if that works.
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
Quote by slayer87lp
Hey Guys
I have a Zoom MS-50G Multieffect. I tried to only use a Boost Pedal in Front of my Tube Head but when i use it, there is alot of noise in the background which you can hear pretty loud when im playing. Is it normal? There is nothing else in the signal chain. Guitar->"Booster"->Amp

What amp, and how old re the tubes in it?

I run a noise gate after my OD to cut out the extra noise it creates while on. But it was never noticeable while playing, even at very low volumes. It was only noticeable when I was not playing.

that being said most multi FX OD/boost settings are not that great and usually produce less than stellar results.

You can get a decent OD pedal for <$50 new and even cheaper used

^^+1 also check your levels
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
What amp, and how old re the tubes in it?

I run a noise gate after my OD to cut out the extra noise it creates while on. But it was never noticeable while playing, even at very low volumes. It was only noticeable when I was not playing.

that being said most multi FX OD/boost settings are not that great and usually produce less than stellar results.

You can get a decent OD pedal for <$50 new and even cheaper used

^^+1 also check your levels

I guess its because this thing is complete trash.. gonna get a real pedal :S
How can things like this have 5 stars on thomann and co
Quote by slayer87lp
I guess its because this thing is complete trash.. gonna get a real pedal :S
How can things like this have 5 stars on thomann and co

Because lots of beginners buy them and give them 4 stars for a review.

I know a guy who has one but he only uses the delay/reverbs from it and he gets decent results. Even pedals like the Line 6 M series has crappy distortion/OD sims. but the rest of the pedal is really useful

where are you located and I try and help you find something decent for around $50 or less
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate