Page 1 of 2
I gave nothing because I'm a grinch.

I'm half joking, I did give nothing* but it's because everyone told me not to get them anything, and I'm not about playing games. If you're the type to say "don't get me anything" and get genuinely upset if I get you nothing, then you need to not be difficult and be straightforward instead.

*Also not completely true. Most people close to me has significantly more money than I do, so buying them things would be damn near worthless. So over the past few years, I've been doing things for people instead of giving things.

My girlfriend only asked me to spend more time with her, to which I agreed. Last year, I gave into her relentless requests about taking dance lessons together, to which I also agreed. I still haven't gotten around to it, so I figured I really ought to do what she asks this year.

I have done similar things with others, agreeing to make myself more available to them as I know I'm pretty shit at that.

I'm also making sure the house is less of a mess as a favour to my mother.

Basically, these are New Year's resolutions but they're all for other people.
Free Ali
Free Lard
jack shit.
i don't have anyone to buy gifts for anyway other than immediate family, and they know i don't have a job/income because i live with them, so they buy things for other people and put my name on the label so it's "from" me.
I made corny Christmas cards and bought cds and shit, except for my sister who I made an awful painting for.
Thank you for making this thread, I was thinking of doing it but chickened out cuz I'm a coward (hmu eastwinn)

I got my wife:

Hunter boots and socks
These wine glasses she wanted
Some under armour sweat pants
5 private dance lessons for the two of us at a local dance studio

I'm pretty proud of the last one
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Thank you for making this thread, I was thinking of doing it but chickened out cuz I'm a coward (hmu eastwinn)

Was I meant to be scared of something? I'm not sure what you could have feared or maybe this is some sort of inside joke.

Quote by Dreadnought
5 private dance lessons for the two of us at a local dance studio

I'm pretty proud of the last one

Damn, all right, well played.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Nah that was a joke, I called a couple people cowards in a relatively short span of time once and Eastwinn said something along the lines of "what's with you and being obsessed with cowardice"
My God, it's full of stars!
Eddie Van Halen Phaser (MXR) and Jurrasic World Blu-Ray lunchbox combo for my dad.
Shoes, necklace and iTunes card for my mom.
Can't remember everything else for our outer family. We just put all our money together while my mom did all the shopping (though I helped on occasion).
Got my gf a really nice bracelet, semi-precious stones in it that were a dark red and a pair of matching earings, and some chocolates

I got my little brother shovel knight for his new ps4, and some candles/sweets/gifty things for the rest of my family
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
We only did a secret santa type thing, so I got my brother-in-law (or 'braw') a board game and a fancy bottle of beer.
Dad: Clive Cussler's latest book
Mum: A book by Di Morrissey
Brother: Lego
Brother's Fiance: A bunch of those adult colouring books and some nice pencils
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I gave the gift that keeps on giving...herpes. I gave someone herpes.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I gave my boyfriend a book about etymology. I was going to give him a testicle shaped tea infuser but decided against it.

I gave my mom some skincare products she asked for a while ago, an adult coloring book, and earrings that look like roses.

I got my dad a couple of sweaters. He hates the idea of buying clothes for himself and he has had just one sweater for the past 30 years. Come to think of it, it might be the only sweater he's ever owned since he grew up in a place where it's too hot for sweaters.

The only one that was actually for Christmas was for my boyfriend. I just happened to arrive at my parents' place on Christmas Eve and gave them their presents when I was unpacking the next day.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Dec 28, 2015,
Bought my behb a gold plated necklace... Amazon saved me at the last minute >.>

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
^ Does it look good hanging from your Beemer's front grille?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
My parents love going to Europe so I bought them some airway vouchers.

I also figured that my brother's first driving experience since passing his test (he doesn't drive because he's gone to uni now and everything is on his doorstep) shouldn't be in a clapped out Micra. So he's off to drive monster trucks and a Range Rover. And a 3D printing pen.

Plenty of other stuff as well, but I'm hungover and can't be arsed to type anymore.
Got my wife some Pokeball bath bombs, Inside Out DVD, a necklace and a new diary/organiser thing. Oh and a laptop that she told me to take back to the shop.

Got my brother a hip flask

Got my mum a new handbag, a selection of Whittards coffees and a little penguin ornament.

Got my dad a couple of books and gave him the slow cooker my grandma got us because we already have the same one.

Got my neices a remote control car each, and my little cousins got some clothes, a solar power robot and a build your own birdhouse thing.

Brother in law got a Walking Dead hoodie and a set of charcoals for drawing.
I gave a friend's kids a week-long punishment depriving them of Playstation privileges because they were being super difficult.

My Christmas was actually spent talking to them for more than 5 hours about why they're aggressive and how they feel about their parents (who, to no one's surprise, are abusive!). I hope to hell I did something right w/r/t teaching empathy and removing self-loathing.

I also helped my dad argue his way out of a contract termination for his breach of contract (he repaid my hard work and their trust a few short days later by not honoring the extension terms).

I feel like I actually came close to being a good person. Will keep trying.
I gave eGraham:

a giant 9" purple dildo
a Fleshlight
a potato stress ball
a mug that says "World's Largest Micropenis"
a Seahawks blanket
and a NatGeo book on birds

I gave my brother Xenoblade Chronicles X or whatever it's called, and I gave his gf a Target gift card

I gave my mom Ricky, Julian, and Bubbles bobbleheads

And I gave my dad whisky glasses that say "Randy...I am the liquor."

Basically I'm a god at gift giving
- some nice headphones for father
- built a little gaming computer for mother
- fancy walking sticks for sister 1
- embroidered towel set + bathrobe with name for sister 2
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Oh yeah and I gave ultimate-slash some nice chutney. Careful with the Harry Redders stuff mate, the devil himself resides in that jar.
Quote by RAB11
Oh yeah and I gave ultimate-slash some nice chutney. Careful with the Harry Redders stuff mate, the devil himself resides in that jar.

Be careful? I will do no such thing! And I will regret it dammit!

(for real though, I'm looking forward to tasting all three of them tonight!)
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Dec 28, 2015,
I gave my parents and siblings some boxes of sweets. I couldn't afford anything more fancy and they all appreciate junk food anyway.

I also gave my brother the login details of an xbox live account he could use to download fallout 4, but that doesn't count because I bought it for myself when the game came out
I have nothing important to say
Last edited by JackSaints at Dec 28, 2015,
Mom: Some nice Lancome make-up stuff that she wanted
Dad: A book about Hitler's last offensive in WW2 (Ardennes)
Brother: A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shirt
Sister: A really nice biscuit jar in the shape of an owl (she loves owls) which I filled with home-made gingerbread biscuits that I made in the shape of owls and then iced
Granny: A CD of her favourite orchestra and some homemade biscuits (not in the shape of owls )
Grandma+Granddad: A massive jar of the homemade biscuits cause they're ridiculously awkward to buy for and I'd already made a lot of biscuits.
I gave my parents albums they have on Vinyl on CD because they didn't have them on CD
I wrote my best friend a song, which she loved (song was crap imo, but she absolutely adored the thought)
I'm not big on giving gifts on occasions anymore, I prefer to be spontaneous with gift giving.

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Basically I'm a goddess at gift giving

ftfy
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
ftfy

Yeh I saw that as soon as I hit submit reply but cba to edit
Life is difficult
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Yeh I saw that as soon as I hit submit reply but cba to edit
Life is difficult

iktf
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Basically I'm a god at gift giving

Yah but are you a god at guitar tho???
Free Ali
Free Lard
I bought my mother a smiling Buddha figurine (5" tall), my dad a collection of Flatt/Scruggs, and a Hot Wheels racetrack for my 9 year old nephew. The 3 younger nephews I got stuffed toys.
Quote by i_lovemetallica
^ Does it look good hanging from your Beemer's front grille?

yes

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I gifted my father with my presence being that he lives a state away (driving through Texas is a bitch) and is absurdly depressed from living alone and being recently divorced.
Mum: a bottle of Chanel Chance
Dad: A cordless electric screwdriver
Sister: A loose-fitting wool overcoat
Uncle 1: A 3D puzzle of Old Trafford stadium (lol)
Uncle 2: An Airfix kit of a Spitfire
Friend 1: Bottle of rum
Friend 2: Bottle of tequila
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Oh, are we telling our Secret Santa's in here as well?

I got RAB11 an Oatmeal mug with the caption "A nice big cup nope" with a chubby cat flipping everyone off.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
all of the gift cards
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Page 1 of 2