I have a sick friend who, because of his poor health wishes to sell his collection of guitars ( and a few basses and amps) He has a few great guitars like a 59 Gibson ES 355 and a 54 Les Paul TV a a couple of dozen less valuable but still vintage to average used instruments and accessories he wants to liquidate.
I think he prefers to sell the whole lot but, will sell individual instruments if the offers are fair .It seems that the obvious buyers ,the Vintage shops in NYC were either not interested at all or tendered "low ball" offers and while he wants to sell the collection he is not so desperate as to let any of the instruments go for a fraction of their value .
If anyone can suggest a shop or person he can contact to buy one or more Vintage guitar or bass of substantial value and a few more common but good guitars ,basses ,amps and a few accessories please let me know and I will inform him.
If he can sell the items everyone ones wins He will get the money which serves him better than the instruments will at this point and someone will get a very good and very hard to find instrument . Better that someone who can actually play the instruments have them rather then having them sit in a case unused and better a sick man have some money to enjoy his life in a way other than playing guitar since he can no longer play the fine instruments he collected over the years,don't you agree ?
He is in northern New Jersey and would prefer the buyer come to him but, if there is a person or shop in the metropolitan area that seems like a truly interested buyer I am sure some travel on his part will be possible.
If you're selling to shops, then you have no choice but to sell it for a fraction of the price.

I'm in northern NJ. I might be interested in the ES 335.

EDIT: Looool, shit, I just checked out the price for a 1959 ES-335. Count me out. Let me know what you're selling, though. I know plenty of guitarists in this area, some who could even afford something like that.
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Dec 27, 2015,
Craigslist or eBay. Craigslist is the better option as you will have to factor in the total 8% of the sale that eBay and PayPal take from you after an auction, depending on how you price it on eBay you may lose on the profit. Go to Craigslist and put up for sale ads in the musical instruments section, include NJ & NYC. It's going to be a lot of work either way, people are going to lowball just like the shops will, make sure to let them know if the price is nonnegotiable on the ad, also make sure your friend isn't alone when people come to check out the gear. I'm sorry your friend is sick, I hope he gets better.
Last edited by DoubleBassCrash at Dec 28, 2015,
reverb.com
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
for most money in pocket then Ebay however there is a fair amount of hassle involved. his best bet is to talk to a vintage guitar dealer and see what can be done. vintage instruments are very condition sensitive. if nothing else it may be worth having a reputable vintage dealer look over the guitars and be able to certifiy their condition. yes this will cost money but it will help with the sale in the end.
Quote by monwobobbo
for most money in pocket then Ebay however there is a fair amount of hassle involved. his best bet is to talk to a vintage guitar dealer and see what can be done. vintage instruments are very condition sensitive. if nothing else it may be worth having a reputable vintage dealer look over the guitars and be able to certifiy their condition. yes this will cost money but it will help with the sale in the end.

For the most money, I'd recommend Craigslist > Reverb > eBay. eBay and Paypal take huge cuts.
Free Ali