Also if there are any music sites / subreddits worth checking out hmu

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I used mumu once but you all listen to unbearably bad shit

I guess I find most of my music through features. Someone gets a verse or a hook on a song and I like it I'll check them out
There is no such thing as bad shit in mumu. Everything is good, even if it's bad. Mumu is love, mumu is life
I bet if I went in mumu right now I'd either hear Radiohead or some obscure classical composer no one has ever heard of, guarantee it
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I bet if I went in mumu right now I'd either hear Radiohead or some obscure classical composer no one has ever heard of, guarantee it

Mebbe if u try now, u find out.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by GuitarGod_92

I'd be damn proud if either of those were playing.

Quote by GuitarGod_92
I used mumu once but you all listen to unbearably bad shit

I guess I find most of my music through features. Someone gets a verse or a hook on a song and I like it I'll check them out

Ok fair but how do you come in contact with said song?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Depends on who's in really. With Jam for example there's a very high risk of encountering some kind of folk or some weird Slovenian polka stuff. But we accept him for who he is
Quote by JamSessionFreak
I'd be damn proud if either of those were playing.

Ok fair but how do you come in contact with said song?

Through preexisting artists.
I try by best ok :< also i'll have you know you missed an excellent haxball session yesterday

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Tumblr, last.fm, Youtube, the archive for /mu/, UG, interviews with fave bands, their tshirts, Facebook friends, etc
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Through preexisting artists.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by Banjocal
Tumblr, last.fm, Youtube, the archive for /mu/, UG, interviews with fave bands, their tshirts, Facebook friends, etc

Bro, y u dont u mumu with us

https://cytu.be/r/PITARDS

(All are invited to slam jam ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Honestly, I just listen to internet radio whenever I'm in the mood for something new. Most of the time I find at least one new band to get into, but I don't do it very often.

Other than that, friends and suggestions.
Video games. I don't listen to the radio much anymore because I strongly dislike most contemporary country, rap, and whatever the hell Maria Carey (and her ilk) call their caterwallin'. Plus down here in Las Cruces most of the stations are gospel/latin/or latin gospel. Hence I have low exposure to new music (plus I'm not a barhopper/nightclub type guy). I am an avid gamer though and sometimes get exposed to music I really enjoy in games. GTA San Andreas had a huge soundtrack and turned me on to a lot of really good tunes from the 90's. Bought a Soundgarden CD after getting turned on to "Rusty Cage". I enjoyed the RATM tune, cult of personality, and other interesting tunes off that game.

Occasionally I'll get turned on to a band through TV or movies. Once I saw Green Day performing "Holiday" on SNL. I liked it, alot. Went out and bought "American Idiot" immediately. "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" turned me on to some music I'd not heard in years. I've dug into bluegrass a lot since that movie came out.

I'm completely lost on anything since about 2005 though. Don't buy CDs anymore, pretty much set in my ways. I'm a fogie at this point, and a bitter one at that. I'm always receptive to good music, but good music is the exception and not the rule.
Last edited by TobusRex at Dec 28, 2015,
;_;

im down for a session tho

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
working afternoon shift?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by TobusRex
Video games. I don't listen to the radio much anymore because I strongly dislike most contemporary country, rap, and whatever the hell Maria Carey (and her ilk) call their caterwallin'. Plus down here in Las Cruces most of the stations are gospel/latin/or latin gospel. Hence I have low exposure to new music (plus I'm not a barhopper/nightclub type guy). I am an avid gamer though and sometimes get exposed to music I really enjoy in games. GTA San Andreas had a huge soundtrack and turned me on to a lot of really good tunes from the 90's. Bought a Soundgarden CD after getting turned on to "Rusty Cage". I enjoyed the RATM tune, cult of personality, and other interesting tunes off that game.

Occasionally I'll get turned on to a band through TV or movies. Once I saw Green Day performing "Holiday" on SNL. I liked it, alot. Went out and bought "American Idiot" immediately. "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" turned me on to some music I'd not heard in years. I've dug into bluegrass a lot since that movie came out.

I'm completely lost on anything since about 2005 though. Don't buy CDs anymore, pretty much set in my ways. I'm a fogie at this point, and a bitter one at that. I'm always receptive to good music, but good music is the exception and not the rule.

come mumu tobus, we heff many song of different variety.

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by JamSessionFreak
working afternoon shift?

Just a normal full-day shift, but I've got a shit ton of work left this week, and I need to distract myself from time to time if I want to do a proper job

Yes you heard me Pit, I'm just using you for my own benefit, what u gonna do about it huh?
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Dec 28, 2015,
Quote by ultimate-slash
Just a normal full-day shift, but I've got a shit ton of work left this week, and I need to distract myself from time to time if I want to do a proper job

Yes you heard me Pit, I'm just using you for my own benefit, what u gonna do about it huh?

Fart in your general direction.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by ultimate-slash

I never post here unless I'm at work. I'm using them too, Mr Bear!
Quote by EpiExplorer
Fart in your general direction.

Joke's on you, your farts smell like gumdrops! my own smell overwhelms the smell of your farts!
It's easy these days.

When I was a kid it was all word of mouth - you'd listen to a CD at someone's house or they'd bring it in to school to share around.

Nowadays I just go to related artists to bands I'm already interested in and use Spotify, last.fm or YouTube suggest videos for this. I also get stuff suggested on Facebook. My friends still tell me about stuff. Or I listen to internet radio (live365) or actual radio (Kerrang, Daniel P Carter on Radio 1).

One of the big ways for me is going to festivals and checking out all the bands that are booked to work out who I want to see. Discovered some great bands this way. Also support acts at gigs too is a big way.

edit - list articles too.

for example I discovered Deap Vally by googling "best guitar albums 2013" and clicking through the first few links.

So yeah just pick a genre and google "best XXXXXX album 2015" and you will probably find something you like.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Last edited by Blayney at Dec 28, 2015,
Quote by Blayney
It's easy these days.

When I was a kid it was all word of mouth - you'd listen to a CD at someone's house or they'd bring it in to school to share around.

Nowadays I just go to related artists to bands I'm already interested in and use Spotify, last.fm or YouTube suggest videos for this. I also get stuff suggested on Facebook. My friends still tell me about stuff. Or I listen to internet radio (live365) or actual radio (Kerrang, Daniel P Carter on Radio 1).

One of the big ways for me is going to festivals and checking out all the bands that are booked to work out who I want to see. Discovered some great bands this way. Also support acts at gigs too is a big way.

Dude.

Your sig.

Best band in da worl.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by EpiExplorer
Dude.

Your sig.

Best band in da worl.

This guy gets it.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by EpiExplorer
Bro, y u dont u mumu with us

(All are invited to slam jam ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I normally would and from what I recall SS are p cool BUT I'm currently watching HIMYM and playing Binding of Isaac/cooking tofu so not rn

http://musicroamer.com/ is also good, as it What and Ru
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Spotify and youtube recommendations and I subscribe to some pages on Facebook for different genres that post a bunch of songs all the time. When I'm in the car, I listen to sirius xm on alt nation, they have a decent selection. Liquid Metal is alright sometimes but they have a pretty generic catalogue. You wont find anything experimental or vastly different on that channel
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
I don't actively find new music... I study the music I already know because there's still a lot to learn from them.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
mostly by people posting stuff on guitar boards. being an old fart i can't say that i am as active in searching for new music as i was in my younger days. of course now it's so much easier (kinda ironic). a friend of mine owns a record store that sells used CDs so i go there and if i come across something interesting in the bins he has players there to check them out. in the old days you had to hear about bands from maybe a friend or somewhere. or if like me you were really adventurous you'd buy an album cuz it looked good. my record with that was actually pretty good and rarely did i buy turds.
Youtube suggestions. I used to use Last.fm as well, because despite what some people say it is actually better for finding new stuff than youtube. Mostly because youtube has a habit of suggesting irrelevant garbage.
I have nothing important to say
Page 1 of 2