I'm just about set on a Godin Passion Rg3.
I live in Canada so it becomes a better value than it would be in the U.S and other guitars (especially U.S or UK made) become a lesser value.

I like the active pickups feature along with the lightweight chambered design.
Other than that i'm just curious if a high end Canadian guitar will feel much better than the stuff coming out of Korea, Indonesia, China etc.

So last chance to talk me out of it
The RG3 is a great guitar, and nobody else is really doing the HDR thing, AFAIK. The closest I can think of is the Fernandes Revolver Classic, and- while nice- isn't close. That guitar is a HSS, with a Sustainer pickup in the neck position.

As for feel...well, it depends on how sensitive you are and which guitar is in your hands. The best Korean guitars are pretty damn well made, and there has been an upward trend in global manufacturing quality control for a few years now.

Look at it this way: country of manufacture doesn't determine the quality of a given guitar, the workers do. What a country of manufacture DOES do is generally indicate your probable odds of getting a well made guitar (better trained employees, better quality control). Anyone can make a great guitar...or an utter lemon.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
^ i haven't tried the HDR godins, but blade i think does something similar with a bypassable onboard preamp/eq (on some models, anyway)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by mik James
I'm just about set on a Godin Passion Rg3.
I live in Canada so it becomes a better value than it would be in the U.S and other guitars (especially U.S or UK made) become a lesser value.

I like the active pickups feature along with the lightweight chambered design.
Other than that i'm just curious if a high end Canadian guitar will feel much better than the stuff coming out of Korea, Indonesia, China etc.

So last chance to talk me out of it

Honestly I love my Godin, and I live in New Jersey and LA (BiCoastal) and I think the Canadian Value is better than the US value, even though I live in the states. I also don't know of anything similar. I know Gibson makes a guitar with an active boost in it, but I don't think that's comparable for you or in the same price range.

Personally I don't enjoy the way the guitar looks, but the super strat look isnt for me. Then again I hated Teles until I got my own, so what do I know.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify