I've been playing on a junk Squier defender sp10 for a little over 2 years now and I've really grown tired of it. I have a budget of $1,000 to spend on this new guitar and amp but I can go a little over it. Jimi Hendrix is my favorite artist so I need a rig that can produce a clean tone like you would hear on bold as love while still being able to handle fuzz.

The shape of the body does not really matter as long as it isn't so outrageous that it would inhibit my playing. As for the neck I prefer something thin and fender styled as I play with my thumb a lot. The neck should be able to handle two and a half step bends without choking out. I consider a whammy essential, but I don't really care about the types as long as it isn't bigsby or lyre styled.

I want a guitar with 3 single coil so that I can get that out of phase sound. However, if there is an HSH that can replicate this, that would be fine too.

I live near Memphis, Tennessee and I do not care if the gear is new or used.
Last edited by peteygonzo at Dec 28, 2015,
If you're worried about fretting (choking) out then make sure you get a bigger fretboard radius.
Moving on.....
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 28, 2015,
i would get a DSL40 combo, and use the balance on a used MIM strat, and a fuzz pedal.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the advice everyone! I actually found a small town guitar store and am now looking at a g&l legacy tribute and a fender tube amp.
Good luck with that- you should be able to get some pretty classic tones out of tht kind of rig.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!