So I got a Squier Bullet Strat for Christmas along with a Line 6 Spider IV 15 Guitar Amp + Cable, but although i've cranked up the drive, turned up tone and volume on my Bullet Strat it still only makes a clean tone, I don't know i'm doing wrong, I want a rock sound and it's only making clean sound. What am I doing wrong or missing?
how does it sound on the clean setting?

have you turned the master volume up? the channel volume?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Tried switching amp model on the amp? Line 6 Insane should be pretty brutal...
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
@Robbgnarly

It makes an amplified acoustic-esque/weak jazz sound on clean.
I haven't turned the channel or master volume up high, due to online reports of it being very loud and poor audio quality, but i'll try it right now.

@HomerSGR

I've tried Insane, just sounds like an awfully loud amplified acousticy sound.
If you have the gain cranked on a Line6 on insane mode it should be shredding. Sounds like the amp may be defective.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by vintagepetraptor75
@Robbgnarly

It makes an amplified acoustic-esque/weak jazz sound on clean.
I haven't turned the channel or master volume up high, due to online reports of it being very loud and poor audio quality, but i'll try it right now.

@HomerSGR

I've tried Insane, just sounds like an awfully loud amplified acousticy sound.

Then take the guitar and amp back to where they were bought. It could be the wiring of the guitar, but it could also be a faulty amp
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^+1
something is deff an issue that needs to be addressed by the store it was bought from.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I think it is the guitar wiring.
But without being there in person take them both back so the store can figure it out and get you gear that is in working order.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Dec 29, 2015,
You're plugging into the guitar in right?
The only thing I can think of is you're plugging into the direct in or something.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Seriously... your amp has an issue. Take your amp AND your guitar to a store and check them out. Plug the guitar into another amp similar to yours (plenty of L6 stuff out there). Plug another Squier (plenty of those too) into your amp.

The problem will quickly reveal itself.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Something is defective. Could be the wiring on the guitar, your cable or the amp. Easiest thing to troubleshoot if you have another guitar or cable or another amp, bar that bring receipt of the purchase to the store and have them sort it out - if something is indeed broken they'll replace it under warranty (and as I said, it is likely this is the case).

I've had this exact issue before on two guitars. Only clean tone, and then it has been a bad connection on the switch in the guitar (happened to James Hetfields ESP even, look it up on Youtube). So if you're asking me, I'd say it is the guitar that is the most likely faulty item here.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Last edited by HomerSGR at Dec 30, 2015,