So I was just browsing guitars on the interwebs and was interested in the James Hetfied Iron Cross LTD so I googled it, and this came up: http:///products/esp-ltd-iron-cross-james-hetfield-inspired-electric-guitar-snow-white?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=12052566151&gclid=Cj0KEQiA-4i0BRCaudDcrrnDi6kBEiQAZSh5f7TtZNY1e6-0CNX-gVqAZQDC95r3Xb9TMVVJx5jsFt8aAqVe8P8HAQ

The actual price of the guitar according to Sweetwater is $1099, on swaggeeks its $415

So why is it so cheap? Is it defective, should these guys be trusted? Anyone buy from here before?

Thanks in advance

-eragon
Those are fakes. Removing the link, sorry, but we don't allow links to forgery sites. They're sneaky about the wording, but those are all counterfeit instruments.

Dead giveaway is the other guitars and the specs. CS Gibsons for $300? Copy/pasted specs with absurd or totally wrong wording (comes with a brazil wood bow...) are just some of the things that indicate that this is just a more sophisticated Chinese fake site than we usually see.
So it turns out that what they were doing were making "inspired" models. So its not a Gibson es-335 its called a gibson "inspired" es-335. Does anyone think or know that these products are good quality and not cheap ripoffs?
Quote by Roc8995
Those are fakes. Removing the link, sorry, but we don't allow links to forgery sites. They're sneaky about the wording, but those are all counterfeit instruments.

Dead giveaway is the other guitars and the specs. CS Gibsons for $300? Copy/pasted specs with absurd or totally wrong wording (comes with a brazil wood bow...) are just some of the things that indicate that this is just a more sophisticated Chinese fake site than we usually see.

Hey thanks Roc I just saw that they were fake after looking at them for a while
Sites that spend that much energy making misleading marketing rarely make competent products. Plus there's the complete disregard for copyright, which is usually a bad sign. They are almost certainly cheap ripoffs.
Quote by Roc8995
Sites that spend that much energy making misleading marketing rarely make competent products. Plus there's the complete disregard for copyright, which is usually a bad sign. They are almost certainly cheap ripoffs.

if it's to good to be true then it probably is. you can't trust anything a fake site tells you. pix are often of actual real guitar but what you get isn't.