From 1:15 - 1:30 ish it sounds to me like the Eddie Hazel is using the wah as a filter, ie. set in one position, cutting the high frequencies and making the guitar sound kinda nasal.

At 2:00 you can clearly hear he's cocked it forward, making the tone much more trebly and cutting.

From 2:10 - 2:30 is really sublime use of the wah pedal. You can clearly hear it here as consecutive notes sound different.

At 2:47 you hear a classic wah effect of modulating a note after it's been struck.

You should be able to identify the rest of the wah pedal work on your own!

Fun fact: when my old roommate bought his first electric guitar, he played Maggot Brain without stopping for 5 days. I would go to sleep while he played Maggot Brain, and the first thing I would hear when I awoke would be Maggot Brain. I still love the tune!
Yes.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Fun fact: when my old roommate bought his first electric guitar, he played Maggot Brain without stopping for 5 days. I would go to sleep while he played Maggot Brain, and the first thing I would hear when I awoke would be Maggot Brain. I still love the tune![/QUOTE

I remember the first time I heard that song after reading stuff about how it's the greatest guitar solo ever and all that other gushy stuff. So I sat in the dark listening to it. I did my best, but in the end I could only make it about halfway through before I decided that it just was not an interesting piece of music. And I have never since listened to it again and can't say that I regret that decision.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.