This is my current setup: Schecter Damien Special, Ibanez TS9, Boss GT-6, BOSS TE2, Fender Mustang II.

My question is what pedal would be the most useful for me? (I do all types of rock, and my own songs too). And don't tell me to get something that is not a pedal because I am not going to get it. You're not being helpful. I prefer it to be in a low price range ($150 and down)
Well, what sounds do you want do you think you need a new pedal for? I mean, there are lots of pedals out there that are useful for rock and do lots of things but IMO if you don't even know if you want a phaser or a chorus or anything etc... then you don't need anything. Pedals are only useful if you have a use for them.

You have a multi-FX. Play with the effects in that thing, and then figure out what you want first.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well, what sounds do you want do you think you need a new pedal for? I mean, there are lots of pedals out there that are useful for rock and do lots of things but IMO if you don't even know if you want a phaser or a chorus or anything etc... then you don't need anything. Pedals are only useful if you have a use for them.

You have a multi-FX. Play with the effects in that thing, and then figure out what you want first.

Thanks i didn't think about it that way. But if you could recommend one very versatile effect that I could use a lot (not something specific like a flanger or harmonist) what kind of pedal would that be. Just so I can get an idea.
Quote by synthflynmachin
Thanks i didn't think about it that way. But if you could recommend one very versatile effect that I could use a lot (not something specific like a flanger or harmonist) what kind of pedal would that be. Just so I can get an idea.

You have versatile effects already in the GT-6. There isn't anything more versatile then that. It has all the effects built in.

I don't really believe in recommending gear randomly cause you randomly think you want something. I'd rather recommend something that you need then just humoring a whim.

If you're really insistent on getting something "versatile" for the sake of it then check out chorus effects I guess. They are used in lots of stuff.

Quote by synthflynmachin
For example, is this video correct? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e79svAz6sk

Like my post, it's all opinion.

I would say the tuner, delay and overdrive are okay and essential. But I mean, it depends on the sounds you are going for and the things you're playing. If you're just playing jazz clean, then you don't really need an OD and noise suppresor right?

There isn't really a perfect list of what is essential. For "rock" music, I would say that video is okay.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Dec 30, 2015,
Quote by synthflynmachin
You have really been a great help, I think that was everything I needed. Thanks a lot!

No problem but I really suggest playing around with your GT-6 so you can get an idea of what you like and what works with what you're playing. If you play around with them etc... you'll have a better idea about what they do, how they effect your sound and if it's essential and necessary to you.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
new amp .
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
New amp.

Pedals into that DME amp are like trying to teach a pig to dance. It just wastes your time and annoys the pig.

The Fender Mustang II already has a tuner, TS-9, Ratt, Big Muff, wah, chorus, delay, reverb, and a dozen amp voices built in. They are not awesome but they are there. Learn to use all of the amp you have instead of buying shiny boxes willy-nilly. If you don't like all the stuff in this amp get an amp you like first. Then consider a shiny new stomp box.

http://support.fender.com/manuals/guitar_amplifiers/Mustang_I-IV_(V.2)_Advanced_Manual_Rev-A_English.pdf

The GT-6 covers all the exact same ground as the amp, just with a different interface.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Dec 30, 2015,
2 nice pedals within your budget are the EHX small stone and the TC Corona chorus. A great effect is the MXR Dynacomp but it takes time to get used to it.

All these pedals fit your budget. As lots of others suggested, saving for a nice amp yields better sound than you could ever get with more pedals.
You don't even know what pedal you want?

You already have a Boss GT-6, just sell your amp and buy a better one