Page 1 of 2
egotism
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
cos otherwise people will think ur a faceless weirdo boy

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
attention/egotism/habit/social pressures/maybe they wanna show off their new haircut or smth
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by jakesmellspoo
egotism

This.
Also I swear it's mostly girls who do it.
I have nothing important to say
I feel like these people think that if they don't have their face in it people won't believe them.

Really though, it's not that people dont believe them so much as they don't give a fuck if you're in the DR standing in front of the one nice waterfall in the whole island.

So its a vicious circle is what im trying to say.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
to prove that they actually were there and didn't just find the picture online

in this way, their meaningless trip to see whatever they were seeing is validated
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
So that nobody thinks they're a weirdo with a stratocaster for a head.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
why do people act like this is a new phenomenon?

also people who complain about it tend to be the cringiest dudes imaginable
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Dec 30, 2015,
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
to prove that they actually were there and didn't just find the picture online

in this way, their meaningless trip to see whatever they were seeing is validated
I didn't plan to go into photography philosophy mode but Susan Sontag spoke about this which is hella cool

It seems positively unnatural to travel for pleasure without taking a camera along. Photographs will offer indisputable evidence that the trip was made, that the program was carried out, that fun was had. Photographs document sequences of consumption carried on outside the view of family, friends, neighbours.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by WCPhils

yeah seriously.
Quote by WCPhils

they've got a laundry list of complaints about women their age
Why Do Women My Age Wear Yoga Pants If They Don't Want Me To Stare At There Butts Such Bitches I Swear

Quote by MinterMan22
Why Do Women My Age Wear Yoga Pants If They Don't Want Me To Stare At There Butts Such Bitches I Swear

yogapantsaremisleadingbecause this one time this ladywasbentoverrootingaroundinhercaranditwasthoseonesthatyoucanseerightthroughwhentheystretchandicouldseeherwholeassthenshepokedherheadoutandshewasooooooooooooooooooooooooold.

also holy shit, i wish i'd done that seasonal UPS thing again this year. just remembered this one hot mom that bent over to sign something and showed me the most cleavage i've ever seen in my life.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Eastwinn at #33752948
they've got a laundry list of complaints about women their age

yea, that's the usually the next complaint
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I don't get it either. Its not an egotistic thing to do, some people like to have the picture to say they've been there or whatever.

I prefer looking at people's travel pics and hearing the stories behind them, not just "Here's me holding up the tower of Pisa", here's me eating ice-cream at the grand canyon" etc. etc.
Quote by WCPhils

Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

It's a thing people do. Whatevs.

It's probably better in the long run, like, when you die and shit.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Ichikurosaki at #33752740
because its more socially acceptable than putting your dick in everythign

solid answer
I typically think people ruin photographs but that is no doubt at least slightly due to my own bias because I don't have a photogenic cell in my body.

I prefer to see landscapes and natural phenomena and the like.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
i take much better candid photos than when people tell me to smile for one.
A picture with a person in it is often more interesting to me than a picture without a person in it. I don't wanna take boring pics.

Also if I take a picture of something famous and I'm not in it or I don't personalize it via the foreground or angle or something it doesn't mean anything to me.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Dec 30, 2015,
Quote by WCPhils

preach
Idk, I figure it's more like a signature that validates your presence there.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by WCPhils at #33752902

^^

also I think a lot of it is just to add a personal touch. Like, if you're showing off a cup you bought, putting your face in the picture makes the picture not just a picture of a cup but a picture of your cup
Also
Quote by necrosis1193
So that nobody thinks they're a weirdo with a stratocaster for a head.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by jakesmellspoo at #33753222
i take much better candid photos than when people tell me to smile for one.

Same. In every picture where I knew a picture was being taken (most of them) I look super awkward and stiff and not really smiling even though I try to. The few pictures of myself I've seen where I didn't know it was happening are actually good pictures.
Quote by Banjocal
I didn't plan to go into photography philosophy mode but Susan Sontag spoke about this which is hella cool

It seems positively unnatural to travel for pleasure without taking a camera along. Photographs will offer indisputable evidence that the trip was made, that the program was carried out, that fun was had. Photographs document sequences of consumption carried on outside the view of family, friends, neighbours.

that isn't hella cool, needing indisputable evidence that "fun was had" in particular sounds a bit pathetic to me

i've just never been interested in other people's vacation photos, they rarely provide a discussion point that simply talking about it couldn't give so i'm always just wondering, "is it okay to flip to the next photo yet?"
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by WCPhils

The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by Banjocal

I was just thinking about this essay when i read OP lol
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
^stop making fun of my nerd shit

Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
that isn't hella cool, needing indisputable evidence that "fun was had" in particular sounds a bit pathetic to me

i've just never been interested in other people's vacation photos, they rarely provide a discussion point that simply talking about it couldn't give so i'm always just wondering, "is it okay to flip to the next photo yet?"
Chill mate, I meant hella cool as in "oh cool, other people get this shit". I find it a very hollow thing to do, but as Sontag noted, it was kind of inevitable once the Kodak no.1 was released. It ushered in a sort of public autonomy/self-expression, and ultimately that means that it will also become very mediocre
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Dec 31, 2015,
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE at #33753741

hey it's one of those guys
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by WCPhils
hey it's one of those guys

nice

and putting things into perspective

people used to make selfies with old glass plates using a phone is hardly sinful
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
^stop making fun of my nerd shit

Chill mate, I meant hella cool as in "oh cool, other people get this shit". I find it a very hollow thing to do, but as Sontag noted, it was kind of inevitable once the Kodak no.1 was released. It ushered in a sort of public autonomy/self-expression, and ultimately that means that it will also become very mediocre

But i wasnt making fun of it
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Page 1 of 2