First time poster on these forums, so bear with me. I think this is the right place for this. My friend gave me a Synsonics guitar (label on the back says: SC -240FTA, it seems it is The Protector, I guess) and it's pretty beat up. I just want to see if I can make it work again. I'm pretty handy, but I've never worked on a guitar before. I don't really want to put much money into this, but I would be ok buying a few replacement parts. As of now, I know there are a couple of pieces missing. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves because I don't really know what everything is called, but it's missing a few nuts, 2 tuners, and the tone knob is wonky, but I might just need to be tightened. The bridge is completely foreign to me, I think it's a Floyd Rose, but I'm not sure, and I don't know how those are supposed to look or work, as I have my dad's Strat and it doesn't have that kind of bridge. I'm assuming that I could probably pick the nuts and tuners on amazon or something, right? Thanks in advance for advice and help! For some reason, I can't attach the pictures, so here is a link to some pictures. http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/Dominick_Rongone/library/
Also, might do some kind of design on the guitar, so suggestions on how to go about that would be awesome too.
Unless I just happened to have the parts lying around, I wouldn't bother. The shipping cost for the parts is probably greater than what the guitar's worth.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7