Happy new year everybody...Quick question. I have a fender strat with rosewood board. It has some very light patches in the wood. Whats the best way to darken it all up and what would you suggest using product wise.

Cheers.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
http://www.stewmac.com/Materials_and_Supplies/Finishing_Supplies/Colors_and_Tints_and_Stains/Black_Fingerboard_Stain.html

There are cheaper alternatives, but this does the job very well.

If the edge of the fretboard is lacquered with the rest of the neck, realize that the dye is probably not going to penetrate through it. You may end up having the top surface of the fretboard be dark, but the fretboard edges may still look light, which looks very strange and unnatural.

I've wanted to dye the fretboard on a number of my guitars, and I've chosen not to specifically because of this.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 1, 2016,
Thanks. Less than a fiver too. next time its up for a new set of strings I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.
I have an old '70's V with a pretty non-uniform Brazilian rosewood board, and honestly, I really like it that way.
Its black on black with black pickups. The light stripps along the board are verging on maple. lol. Stick out like a sore thumb. It plays like a dream which is why I have it.
The reference above is to plain old Higgins India Ink. It's what you learn caligraphy with. That's why it's "under a fiver."

The other option is Fiebings leather dye. There are actually a whole lot of colors available (though most use black).