A friend had me listen to a few TIJ songs. The band is decent, the drummer is cool, no beef, but I couldn't help but notice that in the album I Am, the guitar tones sound like they were recorded with a line 6 spider jam with jacked up gain to 10 and scooped mids lmao. It's all thin and buzzsawy. Its godawful, not to rip on the band or anything I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this? The other new album I heard a song off of is much better.
Nobody? No metal elitists ready to step up to the plate to tell me how shitty I am, this band is, and my tastes are?

Wow
Lol gimme a break guys it's 3:20am and I am having sleeping difficulty. I tend to say things that are stupid at these hours

But I actually was wondering about anyone else's opinions on this, it was originally a serious question
Quote by Knight Elijah
A friend had me listen to a few TIJ songs. The band is decent, the drummer is cool, no beef, but I couldn't help but notice that in the album I Am, the guitar tones sound like they were recorded with a line 6 spider jam with jacked up gain to 10 and scooped mids lmao. It's all thin and buzzsawy. Its godawful, not to rip on the band or anything I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this? The other new album I heard a song off of is much better.

TIJ is the shit.
I have absolutely no idea who TIJ are. Only thing I know about them is that they have one of the shittiest band names ever. And I don't really expect anything more from the music
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Dalton99
TIJ is shit.

Yeah.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
At least the rhythm tone was a little more raw and original than typical fluff-core.
The lead tone was the same overprocessed, uninspired tripe that is typical of the genre.

I went through a fluff-core phase years ago; I can understand the allure to someone just dipping his or her feet into the 'metal' genre. I can't listen to it anymore though -- there is just no originality at all. Every song made nowadays just follows the blueprint of another song. Here's one of the most popular formulas:

1. Clean, overprocessed major-key guitar intro.

2. Whiny, but sincere growl to start off the "brut3lz."

3. Breakdown.

4. Weak growly vocals.

5. One-chord breakdowns....

6. breakdowns...

7. More weak, growly vocals; prepubescent voice may crack a few times for "emotion"

8. breakdowns....

9. Whiny, pissy-pants, teenagey clean vocals -- usually crying about a girl or a dad who was never around.

10. Uber-breakdowns.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Last edited by KailM at Jan 13, 2016,
Quote by Knight Elijah
Nobody? No metal elitists ready to step up to the plate to tell me how shitty I am, this band is, and my tastes are?

Wow

Never heard of the band..not likely to - with a name like that and your glowing recommendation

happy?
"the drummer is cool, no beef"

why does this matter? I'd rather a band be good and full of assholes than shit and be nice. I'm not trying to make friends.