Is to much to ask for a decent amp without all the modeling crap ? I'm a believer in pedals so I'm just looking for a clean amp. Back in the day I used to have a fender champion 30 and I loved it. Now even the champion line is corrupted with modeling. I have a Marshall for my dirty tones, I'm just not a fan of a marshall clean.
Any ideas ???
Try a Carvin Belair. No modeling, just straight up tubeness. Gorgeous clean channel, very smooth gain channel.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 1, 2016,
Quote by jeff.knudson.16
Is to much to ask for a decent amp without all the modeling crap ? I'm a believer in pedals so I'm just looking for a clean amp. Back in the day I used to have a fender champion 30 and I loved it. Now even the champion line is corrupted with modeling. I have a Marshall for my dirty tones, I'm just not a fan of a marshall clean.
Any ideas ???
There are loads of amps w/o modeling. You might be looking in the wrong places. Solid State amps often are modeling, though, and do not take pedals well. Tube amps generally are not modeling amps and have their own voice and take pedals much better. What Marshall do you have?

If you want lovely cleans and a pedal platform, I will suggest: VOX
Last edited by Will Lane at Jan 2, 2016,
Laney VC15 is worth a look, and they are quite cheap used.

The Carvin suggestion is also good
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate