Hey there guys, I was wanting feedback on a name me and most of my band agreed upon. Cult of Liekko. Myself being Finnish and being a fan of obscure band name ideas, used the Finnish folklore legend of the Liekko, a spirit of a young boy killed in the woods, who haunts travelers. Sort of like a Finnish Banshee, except trying to lead them off cliffs/to dangerous places. I have even a song written about this topic called Liekko Woods. The lyrics will be posted below for feedback as well. More so I wanted you guys feedback. I've always liked the UG community, and as I finish music college and this band is picking up. I'm not sure I'll be around as much, but I wanted your feedback on the name as well. Many people don't dig the name, simply because...idk....people I guess. Being a student of Laiho while living in Finland and being very influenced by bands such as COB, Gates of Ishtar, Unanimated, At the Gates and old In Flames. I wanted a name criptic like Children Of Bodom. If you guys have any better ideas Id like to hear them, but I would more so like to hear you opinion of the band name and lyrics. Thanks so much for reading!

Pat Latvala

Liekko Woods

Like a shadow walking under moonlight
Lost child, Shallow grave, mere lore right?

I have lost the ability
to have remorse
Pale light catches my gaze
in the woods

Faint spirit towards
the Ravine it goes
Take me with you
To the abyss we fall

Lead me to the path to die
Release me from the pain inside
Liekko specter take me home

Faint spirit towards
the Ravine it goes
Take me with you
To the abyss we fall

Lead me to the path to die
Release me from the pain inside
Liekko specter take me home

Like a shadow walking under moonlight
They say two souls sit by the willow
At night
You've heard of cult of luna right?.
All this reminds me of their eternal kingdom album.
Which is about....well....it's best if you check it out yourself.
I'm havin trouble with the lyrics cuz I am not sure what vocal style is goin to be used...? COB, ATG and old In Flames are..... all kinda different. What musical direction are we thinkin of here...?