dual channel , three channel , dual rectifier , triple rectifier , mini rectifier , early three channel , late model three channel ...... seems to be so many different amps ..... been thinking of getting one , probably go used but not really on a budget .....

there is a early three channel dual recto on CL that has all the paper work , pedal , cable , mesa slant top 4x12 with V30's and flight case for 1300.00

whats your favorite Recto and why ??
I am not in any big hurry , this one does look like new , the cab looks real clean too along with the pedal ..... I figured with the mesa 4x12 slant top and all the stuff 1300.00 seemed like a pretty decent deal ??? ..... I don't have any 4x12 cabs or Mesa cabs in any shape or size
Quote by Fumble fingers
I am not in any big hurry , this one does look like new , the cab looks real clean too along with the pedal ..... I figured with the mesa 4x12 slant top and all the stuff 1300.00 seemed like a pretty decent deal ??? ..... I don't have any 4x12 cabs or Mesa cabs in any shape or size

Sounds like a good deal with the 412.
I just got off the phone with the owner tonight , I think I will go down and check it out tomorrow , with the cab and all the stuff I might just go ahead and get it .... I been wanting a 4x12 cab anyway and he assured me that it all looks mint ..... roughly 20 minutes from the house and he said I could put it through the paces so we will see what happens
New model with the better clean channel or not?

I owned a tremoverb (head and combo) and racktifier. For versatility, the tremoverb was my favorite due to the better clean channel and blue mode. But the gain on the racktifier was tighter with no need for a boost whereas the tremoverb was smoother and less agressive.
When I was researching these I liked the Roadster for the 4 channels of versatility and darker, more aggressive Modern mode (channel 3 on the 3 channel dual Recs, channel 4 on the Roadster.

A mint combo happened to fall into my lap for a great price, extra set of tubes, slip cover, foot switch, original papers etc so that helps my choice.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
i like my tremoverb a lot. i don't feel the need to go further.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Honestly I really like my 3 channel dual, but if I'm being honest I loved my 50 watt solo head. The reason I got rid of it was the fx loop. I would really like to eventually get a tremo or rectoverb.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
I went ahead and got it .... looks real nice sounds good ..... only thing I don't like is that power is not selectable 50/100 and the foot switch took a couple tries to activate channel 3 that first time I tried it so I might need to service the foot switch if it acts up anymore ..... fricken flight case weighs as much as the head , lol .... I'll be ditching that since our band only play's in about a 50 mile radius at most
Quote by bobafettacheese
Honestly I really like my 3 channel dual, but if I'm being honest I loved my 50 watt solo head. The reason I got rid of it was the fx loop. I would really like to eventually get a tremo or rectoverb.

I've had both the TremOVerb head and combo when they were selling for silly prices, used: $400 - 450. Those took only a few days to flip (although one was sold back to the original owner for what I paid). Now, they're like 600 - 900.

Quote by Fumble fingers
I went ahead and got it .... looks real nice sounds good ..... only thing I don't like is that power is not selectable 50/100 and the foot switch took a couple tries to activate channel 3 that first time I tried it so I might need to service the foot switch if it acts up anymore ..... fricken flight case weighs as much as the head , lol .... I'll be ditching that since our band only play's in about a 50 mile radius at most

Congrats! You can make a few $$$ from that case, too.
took it to practice and WOW that thing plays are music perfect , got compliments from everyone on the sound ..... pretty much had my sound in less 10 minutes too boot !! , still searching for it with the MK V , lol ..... haven't played it at home yet so don't know how it will sound turned down yet and don't even matter I'm keeping this head .. ,

this Recto will be going on it's first gig this Saturday night and that might be the end of my other amps getting gigged ..... pretty damned impressed , the head , cab , what ever it is it sounds good ...... left the 4x12 cab at our practice tonight so I can't try my other amps with it yet , that cab could be whats missing in the MK V ?? don't know yet .... BTW , the foot switch worked flawless tonight so maybe it just needed played ??
Last edited by Fumble fingers at Jan 3, 2016,
if your looking for that Raw, Cut-your-teeth sound which Mesa are famous for then Dual Rectifier Hands Down
I like the old 2 channel DRs. Those sounded sweet.

Right now I use a Rectoverb though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
does the rectoverb sound the same as a recto minus the reverb spring tank ?? .......

I like this recto so much I'm thinking about getting another one for back up
Quote by Fumble fingers
does the rectoverb sound the same as a recto minus the reverb spring tank ?? .......

I like this recto so much I'm thinking about getting another one for back up

Well the Rectoverb is basically a Single Rectifier. So you have 50 watts and a solid state rectifier vs 100 watts (150 watts with the Triple) and the option to switch between tube and SS rectification (and spongy or bold settings). The Dual Rectifier also has 3 channels (the single only has 2). IIRC the Dual and Triple can also assign the loop, rectification options and 50/100w modes to individual channels (The Verb can't).

I would say the Single sounds similar to a Dual, but brighter and with a bit less headroom. If you don't need the extra channel or the rectifier options I'd say it's something to look at. Try one out if you're interested.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
^true, although I will add that it depends on what model of dual rec you get to switch between 50/100w settings. Mine is fairly new, but not the latest model to have that option (if that makes sense).

I found that my single rec had a little more grit/balls in the lead channel. Not significant but noticeable to me. Other than that I like the diversity of the dual rec and the clean channel.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
Line 6 M13
As a Boogie player since 1987, I feel uniquely qualified to comment here. My first foray into Mesa world began with two rack mounted Mark 3's ran in stereo with the input split in two by an isolation transformer with a TC Electronics 2290 digital delay, two Eventide H3000's maxed out, a Rocktron Bradshaw switcher, and various stomp boxes inside a rack drawer each with its own isolated assignment on the switcher so I could access them from the pedalboard at anytime. This rig became the basis for my setup over the years as new amps became available. Essentially the outboard gear remained fairly constant while the amps changed from dual Mark 4'5, dual Dual Rectifiers, to dual Triple Rectifiers. I love each and everyone of these amps for different reasons, but I find myself drawn to the Road King 2 as the quintessential tube amp of our time. Nothing has the versatility of this amp. I've through played Friedman, Victory, Reeves, and just about any high gain boutique amp you can find, and a case can be made for any one of these amps being excellent at what they do, but the Road King does it all, and because I am a player that goes everywhere on the map tone wise, I will not buy multiple amps to get the job done when one already exists.
i want to get a EL34 mesa.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
trashed, I would look into the RA100. I believe those are EL34's. I know LoG has been playing them here of recently.
Line 6 M13
I've owned almost every model Mesa has ever made and my favorite is the 2 Channel Dual Recto with KT77s in it, followed by the Mark V.

By far, my least favorite is the original 3 channel. I'd rather play a Line 6 Spider than that amp. I've hated every single one I've owned or played and wouldn't buy another unless the price was so low I could flip it for a hefty margin.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
My Road King II combo should be here by the end of next week so lets see if my mind change
Quote by MatrixClaw
I've owned almost every model Mesa has ever made and my favorite is the 2 Channel Dual Recto with KT77s in it, followed by the Mark V.

By far, my least favorite is the original 3 channel.
I'd rather play a Line 6 Spider than that amp.
I've hated every single one I've owned or played and wouldn't buy another unless the price was so low I could flip it for a hefty margin.

They are loud amps for sure. The good news is they have a individual channel master volumes as well as an Output volume control which acts like an overall amp master volume. I've never played a Mini but I would assume it is more bedroom friendly.

Here is my Rectoverb.

looks like I need to check out a 2 channel recto and recto verb ...... kinda turning into a amp junkie like Trash ...lol
Ippon , I'm digging that flight case too ..... with Ohio winters (possibility of mice) I like the idea of storing the amps that are out in the garage protected in the case ..... I ordered one for MK V and Carvin VT 50 head ...lol .... I wasn't going to use them for local gig's , too heavy , just for storage when not in the house
Last edited by Fumble fingers at Jan 10, 2016,
Quote by Fumble fingers
Ippon , I'm digging that flight case too ..... with Ohio winters (possibility of mice) I like the idea of storing the amps that are out in the garage protected in the case ..... I ordered one for MK V and Carvin VT 50 head ...lol .... I wasn't going to use them for local gig's , too heavy , just for storage when not in the house

Good idea. I suspect you'll be GASing for the Road King II or Roadster soon. You'll need one.
Quote by Fumble fingers
looks like I need to check out a 2 channel recto and recto verb ...... kinda turning into a amp junkie like Trash ...lol

i am honored. haha. its Trashed though... haha.

i am gassing for a MKiii at the moment. though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Ippon
Good idea. I suspect you'll be GASing for the Road King II or Roadster soon. You'll need one.

a Roadster head , pedal and case candy I was watching on ebay with a BIN price of 1200.00 or make offer was sold on a offer , ..... I'll be patient , I see the 2 channels all the time on the local CL ..... I just want a clean like new head at a beat up head price ... lol

i am honored. haha. its Trashed though... haha.

Trashed , I stand corrected !! ... Trashed does sound a lot better than Trash
Quote by MisfitsFiend95
is the dual and triple too loud for bedroom use? or its better a Mini one?

I use my dual recto for bedroom/basement use through a Mesa 4x12. Yes it can get very loud, but like mentioned they have a master volume.

Right now I am GASing for a Mark V! That should balance out my Mesa palate for a while.
Line 6 M13
Good point.
Line 6 M13