Just saw these for the first time today. Anyone try them out yet?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I'll take that as a no from you.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by darkwolf291
Why would I want an amp that breaks my bass?

Especially when those fish can be so hard to catch.

It's basically a Marshall Blues Breaker (which was a variant of the Bassman circuit).
Tried the 7, 18/30, and 45 watt combos. Very good!

The 7 is a fabulous little amp. Nice clean, gradual breakup. I think a lot of apartment players will like this a lot. Low to mid gain with plenty of range from the mid knob. I spent a lot of time with this one and a strat. It loves single coils.

18/30 is more British sounding. The second channel was a bit dull, which is bad on a channel with only a tone control. The first channel is good, though. Sort of vaguely British, not quite Voxy but more Voxy than an 18W Marshall. Cleans on this one weren't as great as on the other two.

45 Watt is pretty much what you'd expect, Bassman/Plexi hybrid with some smart updates. Good range of gain, though none of these reach anywhere near high gain. The "output" control is probably just a master volume, but it works well. Cleans on the Normal channel are very smooth. This is a really good amp for under $1000.

I think these amps are a great bridge between the Hot Rod series and the Reissues. They're warmer and have better OD than the Hot Rods, but they're not as expensive or limited by vintage specs as the RI series. The prices are good, too. I am impressed by this lineup. The 7 watt version especially strikes me as something I'll recommend for studio/apartment/bedroom players. I think it's better than the Blues Junior if you can stand the lower headroom.
I was standing there looking at the 45w, thinking, "if it delivers a comparable clean with a better dirt channel, it might be worth selling the HRD and getting one of these..."

I tried the 7 last week and loved the shit out of it.

I really want to try the 18/30. I bet I would love it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.