I'm a doer!
12 48%
I'm a have doner! done-r?
13 52%
Voters: 25.
Page 1 of 2
Yeh pretty simple question

but is it REALLY simple??

So are you a person who prefers to be in the process of accomplishing something, or a person who prefers to be in the post-accomplishment phase?

it's pretty deep & makes u think

I voted for doer. Accomplishments seem to fade in importance after they happen and they make me feel like a has-been.
My God, it's full of stars!
I like resting on my laurels.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Dreadnought
they make me feel like a has-been.

So either you're a has-beener, or a wannabe has-beener.

OT: I'd rather been there, done that.
SGT. HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?
COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer!?
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
The latter. I'm all about what can get me to that next drink.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Keep in mind this is totally hypothetical because you're all lazy people who don't do accomplish anything
Duly noted.
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
Quote by Dreadnought
Keep in mind this is totally hypothetical because you're all lazy people who don't do accomplish anything

this. but in theory, a doer. there's nothing i like more than getting stuck into a good piece of music. but then i do like to bask in the glory of having created a good piece of music afterwards. so i guess im a doer with a strong tendency to have done. but if i think of myself as a doer i become a have doner, i have to think of myself as a will doer but then becoming a no doer is an easy pitfall.
I'd say I'm a doer. I start a lot of things without really finishing because I just like the process sometimes.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Dreadnought
you're all lazy people who don't do accomplish anything

It's exactly people like this who don't start wars.
Quote by Zaphikh
It's exactly people like this who don't start wars.

I think you mean don't do accomplish wars*
lol
The world would be much safer place if we were all a little less ambitious.
Doing. I'm interested in learning from an experience, no matter how arduous it may be. You might have that Have Done to support your Doings, but at the end of the day it's just that - support for what you're doing now. No creative project really finishes, and many more static things just get reapplied in a slightly different way.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Dreadnought

I'd like to see you maintain a 1.3 K/D ratio in CoD
Quote by Dreadnought

I'll have you know the reason I don't accomplish things has nothing to do with me being lazy
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I'll have you know the reason I don't accomplish things has nothing to do with me being lazy
pfft c'mon i see you posting on here all the time
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I'd like to see you maintain a 1.3 K/D ratio in CoD

Well, now I want fish. Thanks!
Quote by Banjocal
pfft c'mon i see you posting on here all the time

Me posting on here also has nothing to do with me being lazy
Seriously: way prefer accomplishment over the process. Which according to every life advice source is the wrong way to go about anything, but fuck if I'm ever gonna work on improving myself.
One must imagine Sisyphus happy.
^I love the shit outta absurdism but tbh Camus' overuse of words like "must" "should" "need" etc REALLY weaken his ideas
Quote by Ippon
DOER!

Once you're sated, you need/have to wait to do it again: jamon iberico, sex, cioccolato fondente, etc.
It sounds like you've become poisoned by desire. You will never be truly free unless you embrace emptiness

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Jan 2, 2016,
Quote by Zaphikh
One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Is this at me? Cuz I'm pretty sure I'd chip at the boulder until it's a pebble, put it in my pocket, and then spend the rest of my life crying about not having a boulder.
It depends on what the task is.

I'd rather do a rewarding job that to have done a rewarding job. But I'd rather say I have cleaned out a toilet as opposed to currently cleaning one.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by bradulator
It depends on what it is.

Well duh.

I'm asking for generalizations of personality here m8
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
and then spend the rest of my life crying about not having a boulder.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
^I love the shit outta absurdism but tbh Camus' overuse of words like "must" "should" "need" etc REALLY weaken his ideas
It sounds like you've become poisoned by desire. You will never be truly free unless you embrace emptiness

The chaos inside is a potent driver.
It depends on the task. I was happy as hell to pass the Regulation part of the CPA exam, and did not much like the month leading up to it, but now have cold feet getting around to studying for Business Environment and Concepts.

But the act of playing games/etc can be more fun than when its finished (after all, isn't everything but a work in process?)
Last edited by Fat Lard at Jan 2, 2016,
Jim Morrison was a Doer.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
7/10
Page 1 of 2