When Is It Okay For Americans To Mass Their Guns Against The Government?

Page 1 of 3
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/01/02/3735576/150-armed-militia-members-take-over-federal-building/

A group of 150 armed militia members have broken into and occupied a federal building in Oregon. The group reportedly includes three sons of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, who had a tense standoff with federal officials in 2014.

Radical militia members from across the country descended on Harney County, Oregon today to protest the conviction of two local ranchers for arson on federal land. They claim “that the federal government had no authority in Harney County.” The militia occupying the headquarters building at Malheur National Wildlife Refuge is a splinter group from the larger protest. The gambit seems intended “to provoke a standoff with the federal government.”

Discuss.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
But they're white Christians, rights?

So not terrorists.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
And how isn't this thread your making?

Discuss.

I shit you not, I was literally reading this article like 2 minutes before you posted it.
lol

EDIT: Nvm, read a little more. Looks like it's just a bunch of ignorant rednecks with guns protesting outside some stupid building.
Last edited by TheChaz at Jan 2, 2016,
genuinely excited about this, just to see what will happen
superman is killing himself tonight
Wasn't the original purpose of the right to bear arms so citizens could rise up against the government whenever they saw fit?

I heard that from some guy once. Must be true.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
Quote by ThrashUnleashed
Wasn't the original purpose of the right to bear arms so citizens could rise up against the government whenever they saw fit?

Yeah, what a stupid idea.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Like when they make death/work/concentration camps, yknow
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Like when they make death/work/concentration camps, yknow

What about Asian internment camps during WWII? Was a forcible liberation of those prisoners an unfulfilled civic duty?
Franklin Leonard ‏@franklinleonard 1h1 hour ago
Imagine for a moment the response to the Black Panthers taking over a federal building in response to #TamirRice #OregonUnderAttack
When everyone working for the government turns into a zombie. Or airbenders. Then people can call the US the Fire(arms) nation.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Good ol rednecks. I can't wait to see my blindly conservative uncle's Facebook posts about this tomorrow.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Waiting for Arby to comment
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Same group of idiots that was defending the deadbeat millionaire rancher in Nevada.

I'd have no problem with killing them all while taking the building back. In fact, if I was Obama I'd insist on it. It's time those rightwing chickenhawks learned what a REAL Army does to morons.
You just don't see this kind of behaviour in the rest of the civilized world.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
You just don't see this kind of behaviour in the rest of the civilized world.

this seems to imply america is part of the civilised world
Quote by genghisgandhi

I thought Oregon certainly was. :/
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11

all bets are off outside of California and NYC. least fucked of a bad situation
Quote by Neo Evil11

To be fair to Oregon the idiots in question are from Nevada.
Quote by TobusRex
Same group of idiots that was defending the deadbeat millionaire rancher in Nevada.

I'd have no problem with killing them all while taking the building back. In fact, if I was Obama I'd insist on it. It's time those rightwing chickenhawks learned what a REAL Army does to morons.

That's exactly what these weirdos want to happen.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
That's exactly what these weirdos want to happen.

They should be obliged, then.

The beauty of the whole thing is that 90% of those teabagger "patriots" (ironic use of the word patriot....they want the US government to collapse) are chickenhawks who never served the USA when it was actually at war.

The first shot and most of those chickenshits will drop their guns and piss their pants. Guaranteed.
Quote by genghisgandhi

Ugh. If it's so uncivilized and backwards and corrupt then why do you pay so much attention to it? There are plenty of uncivilized, backwards and corrupt countries

If it's so uncivilized then how is this story even remotely interesting or surprising?

Why do you pay attention to our presidential race (and I know you do) if it's so backwards and uncivilized?
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Last edited by Carnivean at Jan 3, 2016,
Quote by Carnivean
Ugh. If it's so uncivilized and backwards and corrupt then why do you pay so much attention to it? There are plenty of uncivilized, backwards and corrupt countries

If it's so uncivilized then how is this story even remotely interesting or surprising?

The USA fascinates the rest of the world. Europeans are fascinated by the complete lack of common sense with regards to firearm ownership in the USA, amongst other things. They are fascinated at the USA's idiotic prudishness when it comes to sex and amazing openness when it comes to violence (the complete opposite of normal). The dichotomy of supposed "Christians" which fight more to retain the rights of crazy people to own firearms than they do to help the poor and needy. There are a lot of things about American politics that astound people. The fact that a relatively small group of people, the 30 million evangelical Republican voters, have so much sway in American politics should scare the crap out of everyone in the civilized world, and I sincerely mean that.

I'd say, culturally, probably the Aussies are the closest things to Americans out there.
Australia indeed reminds me of the USA sometimes.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
High and mighty Eurodicks claiming to know what shit is and how much it stinks.
Every country has their stupid fucking problems.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Quote by SGstriker
High and mighty Eurodicks claiming to know what shit is and how much it stinks.
Every country has their stupid fucking problems.

There's problems, and there is armed militias instigating civil war.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
This isn't civil war. Not even close.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Quote by SGstriker
This isn't civil war. Not even close.

I'm sorry, this is totally not an armed rebellion against federal authority.

Is it the number of people that is not high enough for you? Cause their intent is definitely just that.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11 at #33757804
There's problems, and there is armed militias instigating civil war.

Civi war over control of the administrative building in a wildlife refuge.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Page 1 of 3