I kinda think I know the answer on this one, but I'd rather ask.

So, I played around with a Demon 7 recently. It felt really good, but right now with my limited knowledge, a 7-string isn't going to do anything besides look cool. However, I am curious at it seems Schecter appears to keep their models pretty similar, and the pricing of used Omen's, specifically the Omen-6 are dirt cheap, and I'm eyeing one especially if it feels like the Demon. So far as I can tell, the Demon line in general uses active pickups and the Omen doesn't.

I haven't had the chance to really do a side-by-side with different models, but my untrained eye doesn't see a real difference between the Omen and Demon aside from pickups, and at my stage this isn't a big deal.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1668032
Another user's input.

Frankly I hate active pickups (I have an LP with EMGs for a Master of Puppets sound but only use it for this one purpose) but in terms of quality of pups in both guitars, it may equal out.

Learn with a 6-string guitar. Don't fall into the darkside and become a chugga-chugger 7 string only player
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
Thanks, for the link.

Yeah, 7-string is unnecessary for me. I understand the advantages, but don't see being able to utilize it at this point in time. The Demon 7 had me really start to consider other ones because of how it felt in my hands, including the reach to the low B string and how the neck felt. Again, 7-strings aren't going to get proper use from me right now.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer