Hello. I wish to make a drum kit in logic with two kick drums so i can make metal beats easier. That or I wish to assign two keys on the musical typer to the same drum (for example, have "a" and "s" both be assigned to the same kick). Does anybody know how to do this?
What VI are you using to trigger the samples?
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
Wouldn't the best option be to look at the MIDI track for your drums and then draw in the double kicks?
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
That's what I was thinking. I always just drop all hits on the same channel/note. If you can get the bass drum sample onto 2 separate notes, just do that.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
Idk I'm pretty fast with my fingies and I like doing it manually...plus I know very little about concrete music theory and I don't really understand where to put the notes without just playing them live and then fine tuning them after (w/ step editor) if you guys know what i mean..
Quote by stratdud39
Idk I'm pretty fast with my fingies and I like doing it manually...plus I know very little about concrete music theory and I don't really understand where to put the notes without just playing them live and then fine tuning them after (w/ step editor) if you guys know what i mean..

Oh no yeah totally I get where you're coming from and I feel roughly the same. What I would say then is just play it as best you can, listen back, and then draw in what you feel is 'missing'. An alternate thing to do is just make one drum track the best you can by playing, then create a second drum track and only play the missing pieces from the first one. You can then merge the two together, or leave them separate.

Unless you can loop your first play through and play the missing parts on top of that and still have it recording onto the same take (might have to merge takes or something in this case).

I know it's a bit of a pain, but that's what drum programming is I would have a look at EZDrummer 2 for the future though, since there you can take full kit samples (like metal blast beats 200bpm) and then just add/remove pieces of the drum kit at will and draw in what you want.

If you want to hear what EZDrummer 2 sounds like from a real person, here's something I made using the software: https://soundcloud.com/tornintegral/summer-dreams

It's not that expensive and is just, incredibly useful to have around - on top of being easy to use http://www.toontrack.com/product/ezdrummer-2/
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Anthony1991
Oh no yeah totally I get where you're coming from and I feel roughly the same. What I would say then is just play it as best you can, listen back, and then draw in what you feel is 'missing'. An alternate thing to do is just make one drum track the best you can by playing, then create a second drum track and only play the missing pieces from the first one. You can then merge the two together, or leave them separate.

Unless you can loop your first play through and play the missing parts on top of that and still have it recording onto the same take (might have to merge takes or something in this case).

I know it's a bit of a pain, but that's what drum programming is I would have a look at EZDrummer 2 for the future though, since there you can take full kit samples (like metal blast beats 200bpm) and then just add/remove pieces of the drum kit at will and draw in what you want.

If you want to hear what EZDrummer 2 sounds like from a real person, here's something I made using the software: https://soundcloud.com/tornintegral/summer-dreams

It's not that expensive and is just, incredibly useful to have around - on top of being easy to use http://www.toontrack.com/product/ezdrummer-2/

Sounds good dude i may have to give that a try
The problem with EZDrummer is that you'd have to also purchase the packs, unless you want to program all of it yourself. You'll have to add on the metal packs to the cost will go up, probably realistically you're looking at about $300 for full metal production, but it is a good high quality product.
Quote by diabolical
The problem with EZDrummer is that you'd have to also purchase the packs, unless you want to program all of it yourself. You'll have to add on the metal packs to the cost will go up, probably realistically you're looking at about $300 for full metal production, but it is a good high quality product.

this number is not good
Let me just say, that Steinberg had a LM-7 with cubase SX3. They got rid of it with SX4 onwards with the groove agent which was horrible. I hate EZdrummer's kicks and snares... I use the LM-7 with EZ drummer toms and cymbals and i love my drums. I had a virtual drum nightmare for a few years, and magically ended up using the cubase SX3 VST folder and now that saved to my drop box for all daws in future.

I dont know if there is a way of getting hold of the patches for Roland V drums or the alesis electronic kits, because I love triggered drums.
I doubt many would do a 'full metal production' with sample drums I mean at the end of the day, specifically for heavier tracks, sample drums are really just for demo - you'd be insane to do a 'studio' release with sample drums for a musician/elitist driven market that heavier genres pull. You don't need to purchase those packs to get a metal tone, you can do a whole lot with ghost notes, EQ, and by toggling through the variety of drum part tones. The standard pack does have a nice wide variety for its cost; I recognize that for certain styles it's not perfect, but my argument would be that for samples perfection isn't really a thing because it's not real drums.

By studio release I mean like as a band product, home production/band demos for soundcloud etc samples are great and I love them. My personal statement would be the base price for EZDrummer is a steal without breaking the bank, and when you start to squeeze every drop out of it you can really wring the value out of it.

And yeah the groove agent was horrible
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster