I recently bought a G-400 Les Paul Custom (Epiphone). It was made in 2006. How come I can't find any new ones or better yet, barely any used ones? Ya know, it's that SG with the Les Paul name, three pickups, and usually Cream or White? Was it discontinued? If so, why? I love this guitar.

~MAC
This would fit more under the Electric Guitar sub-forum.

They probably discounted the model because of: a) they didn't sell well in the market or b) they were "one-off" models that Epiphone released for only a certain amount of time.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by bender2146
I recently bought a G-400 Les Paul Custom (Epiphone). It was made in 2006. How come I can't find any new ones or better yet, barely any used ones? Ya know, it's that SG with the Les Paul name, three pickups, and usually Cream or White? Was it discontinued? If so, why? I love this guitar.

they are like the Epiphone Wilshire and other limited run guitars. They make them for a year or 2 and then they stop making them for a few years and then they repete.

and FYI the SG was originally called a Les Paul Custom, not a SG (solid guitar) but les Paul didn't like it or have anything to do with it's creation. so he made Gibson remove his name and that is when Gibson designated it the SG model.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate