/pit/, say you had very accurately tabbed an artist's entire catalog. Every instrument both tab and sheet music.

Do you think an artist or their label would ever buy (outright or through royalties) such a thing or from a random guy? Or would you try to work through a publishing house first?

How else do artists and their labels make and publish sheet music books and tab books for artists? Are there certain publishing houses or freelancers that they can commission such works with? Or do they feed the music through software?
Most artists who do this usually write their own tablatures. It cuts down on the costs of doing what you're suggesting they should do.

This comes from most bands these days possibly writing their music in tab in the first place, as a double layer of copyright protection.

For example, Obscura are a band that eeeveryone wants tabs from. But they write it all in GP, so they can put it into their tab books https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz7Xg_D8pzY

The answer to your question is, most likely no.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I see.

Here's a different idea.

How likely do you think it'd be to get a job at a record label or publishing house working as a transcriptionist?
Click on my profile and look for yourself.

Logistics aren't that important right now.

I'm just asking if you know anyone who's gone from UG to a publishing house or a label.
You should tab out Simultaneous by Puscifer. Maybe some label would like to buy it

I want it pls
Quote by coman91
I see.

Here's a different idea.

How likely do you think it'd be to get a job at a record label or publishing house working as a transcriptionist?

You'd most likely get it from a company that's sourced to do sheet music commissioned by labels, publishers, etc

You'd have to know actual music notation though, not just tab.

Be wary of sending your work to lables without appropriate legal advice, too.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american