So I have a couple questions here. I'm trying to decide between a schecter c-1 classic or schecter c-7 classic and am trying to determine what exactly the differences are. Links:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/schecter-guitar-research-c-7-classic-seven-string-electric-guitar#productDetail

http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/c-1-classic-2014-10-23-detail

I know the c-7 has locking tuners and obviously 7 strings. Pickups, materials, body, and fretboard seem to be the same, but is there anything I'm not considering or is it essentially the same guitar with a different number of strings? Seems weird to me that the 7 string would be 100 cheaper than the 6 string which is why I'm asking to double check if there's something I didnt realize that's different.

Also, I think I'd only use 6 strings 90% of the time, but in theory anything you can do on a 6 string you can do on a 7 string and I already have 2 6 strings so I'm thinking about getting the 7. I played a 7 string once and had some difficulty adapting, how long do you think it takes to be able to feel at home on a 7? I can't seem to find either guitar at any music stores around me to play the actual one, so I'm kinda relying on the like it or return it policy :/
Last edited by bloodandempire at Jan 3, 2016,
Thought of another question. Would it be possible to tune the lowest 6 strings to drop a#(so b string half down and all the rest half up), with an additional high string, or would that be too much tension on the strings causing them to break?
The 7 string is cheaper because it says it has a price drop by the picture. If you look at the MSRP of the 2, the 7 string is a hundred dollars more. So that's what you're missing on that. Maybe someone else can answer your other questions.
Quote by bloodandempire
Thought of another question. Would it be possible to tune the lowest 6 strings to drop a#(so b string half down and all the rest half up), with an additional high string, or would that be too much tension on the strings causing them to break?

This shouldn't be enough to cause the strings to break, and if you did have problems, you could always move to a higher gauge of string. The only potential issue I can see with this is tension on the neck. You should be ok to do this with a truss rod adjustment, but I am by no means an expert, so research this some more.
Thanks for the responses, I found another thread where everyone is suggesting its a bad idea to get a 7 if you arent gonna use all 7, while one other makes a good point that you could keep it in drop a and capo up to anything else and act like the extra string is on the high end.

I decided to just spend a couple hours at a music store playing another 7 string to see how i feel about it.