Hey guys, I havent posted on here in a very long time, just been really busy with school and work. But anyway, Ive been saving my pennys and Ive got some money saved up and Im in the market for a new guitar. Ive got 2 picked out and Im having a tough time deciding.

The two guitars I have picked out are the new jimi hendrix strat that fender just came out with a couple months ago and a 2013 Gibson Sg original with the maestro lyre tailpiece.

Now, a couple of things. The Gibson SG with the lyre tailpiece has always been a dream guitar for me, I love it. A red SG with the lyre tailpiece ive always loved. Love that classic 65 sg look. I do have a 2005 epiphone sg custom that has the lyre tailpiece because I couldnt afford a $2k gibson but the 13 sg orignials are like 1500 bucks on ebay. I can handle that. And two, the thing with the hendrix strat is Im a huge fan of hendrix. I have the 2007 Mexican made reverse headstock white strat they made which is very very similiar to the new ones now. Except the new ones they just made have american pickups.

So! What do you guys think? which should i buy? what do you think is the better choice? what sounds better, whats better quality, which is a better investment?

Thanks!!
On the Strat, why not just upgrade the pickups on yours, if that is the only real change?

As for the SG...you have a chance to realize a dream guitar. Those opportunities don't come along every day.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
On the Strat, why not just upgrade the pickups on yours, if that is the only real change?

As for the SG...you have a chance to realize a dream guitar. Those opportunities don't come along every day.

Well my 2007 reverse headstock says nothing about hendrix. The new ones have a hendrix backplate and hendrix sig on the back of the headstock and of course the american pickups. And its the white one, I could buy the next one in black. Also my 2007 one has a paint crack near the neck and where the neck bolts to the body, I boought it used. Its not bad, its not a crack on the body. but looks kinda bad.
Get your dream guitar before someone else does or else you'll deeply regret it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Go for the SG after all it's your dream guitar grab it while it's in reach or you'll regret it!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by ReederBoy
Well my 2007 reverse headstock says nothing about hendrix. The new ones have a hendrix backplate and hendrix sig on the back of the headstock and of course the american pickups.

None of those is a reason to buy. In general, I only buy sig guitars if they offer something unique (or at least very hard to find) in terms of technical specs. Pickups you can swap out, as I suggested.

And its the white one, I could buy the next one in black. Also my 2007 one has a paint crack near the neck and where the neck bolts to the body, I boought it used. Its not bad, its not a crack on the body. but looks kinda bad.

Jimi set one in fire, and someone still bought it.

All that crack is is character. Not a reason to replace.

Buy the SG.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I love my three SGs. Of course I bought them all used and steeply discounted, which is what you should do.